1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

English breakfast, should it have beans?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Denzil the Ducati, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Bean juice - why does that sound so wrong

2. Ditch the tomatoes if I want wrinkled, dried, old tasting tomatoes I will eat old, wrinkled, dried tomatoes no need to turn perfectly good tomato in to that.

No pudding as that is just discussing, is that not made out of blood?

Rest is a go and loads off beans, loads of them.

3. Beans for me but I can live without the Tomato.

I had breakfast at a diner in California a couple of weeks ago that included 2 massive Pork Chops, 2 Eggs, a bucketful of sauteed potato and bizarrely an apple.
    It was magnificent, but it needed a chipped half pint mug of tea to make it right.

4. Americans can do damn good breakfast. Pancakes with baked in sausage and bacon all covered in maple syrup. Yum yum yum.

5. Bacon, egg, fried bread, mushrooms , good sausage and beans for me. Nice glass of orange juice and a mug of coffee. You can keep your tomatoes and I'm not very keen on black pudding either,I' ve tried so many different types and never had the same taste twice!

6. Since this is a Ducati forum I think I should point out to those that might not know that Italian breakfasts are rubbish. It's normally just a cup of cappucino and sort of piece of cake. I suspect that in hotels you'll get more, as most guests are disappointed with that, but if you stopped off for breakfast in a café (I did once) that's pretty much your lot.

You can also create great amusement in Italy by asking for a cappuccino at a non-breakfast time. For them, it's purely a breakfast drink. Thimblefuls of strong coffee after that.

7. My experience of BF in Italian hotels is meat platter, fresh bread, boiled eggs and possibility to order scrambled eggs.

8. I'm quite partial to a meat and cheese based German breakfast. Had a big fry-up at work this morning and it's still digesting now:frown:

9. Glid, I agree, proper fried bread should not be used as a grease sponge. It should be fried on a griddle with just enough fat from the bacon to enable the surface of the bread to brown but leave the core soft bread with no fat in it. This should then be placed under the eggs so that the yolk can soak into it as the breakfast is eaten and it can soak up a little bit of the juice from the mushrooms and tomato to reach perfection. Deep fried bread is far too sickly. Sausages and bacon should be quality products.

I have had a couple of magnificent breakfasts at truck stops in the states where a 15" plate was produced with loads of eggs, sausage, ham, hash browns, pancakes with real maple syrup, toast and a few other things were all piled up. The tea was sh!t however

#29 Denzil the Ducati, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  10. Can't understand why this thread id so long, Denzil got it spot on the first time...end of...there's no more to say !
    Also agree with 749man on the beans and pea thing !:wink:

11. i might head up the cafe tomorrow and see what there serving, beans and tinned toms get my vote :)

Bean juice soaken up by toast....

12. Full English is just too damned heavy - its for builders wasting time in the café while billing old ladies for work they aren't doing... Its ok perhaps once a year or so, and even then its not really breakfast, closer to brunch. A proper breakfast is either porridge, bran cereal or muesli..

Porridge is the reason that at 34 I can still see my own penis without a mirror......:biggrin:

13. What's one of them..?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information