1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fairing Repair Best Filler

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Birdie, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Need to do a few repairs to the fairings, I have purchased some Q Bond for a couple of cracks but have not done any bodywork for some years, Is there a preferred flexible filler to use for grazes on the plastic fairings and seat.
    Steve

2. any body filler should do you if the crack is sound. Topstop gold is pretty easy to sand back to a nice smooth finish. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Can't help with the filler, but so far Q Bond has worked very well for 'behind the scenes' repairs the few times I've used it :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. For the cracks first I'd plastic weld them and if then if the remaining grazes are fairly shallow, the usual route with plastics is just to sand the area down to blend in with the surrounding area e.g. no need to use filler. If they're quite deep, I'd still do this as much as possible in order to keep the amount of filler you need to use to a minimum -it's less likely to crack that way.

With regards to filler, Mick at Paint My Ride taught us just to use what's cheapest and available. He's right too, there's so much bollox talked about body repair materials, in most cases you don't need 'flexible' filler or 'wizzbang' this or additive that. Just take your time in the preparation and don't add too much hardener to the filler.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information