1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Faulty Fuel Sender!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steve216, May 14, 2014.

1. Hi
    Just asking if anyone else has had or experienced the same problem I'm having?
    Noticed for a while my fuel gauge would read all sorts! So I ran my 2010 MTS touring S along side my friends and a run down to Rapido's on a full tank would have totally different readings. It's been in at Snells to replace the fuel sender from the 2010 version to the up rated 2013 version the only problem is it won't complete the software update so my fuel gauge isn't reading the full level! Apparently it's because of the reverse polarity between the two types. Ducati came up with a patch for the software but that's failed again! It's all getting frustrating (Snell's have been great, it's no slur on them, but Ducati are dragging their heels).
    I've asked the obvious questions such as;
    Is it a failing fuel sender?
    Is the fault with the ECU?
    Is the 2013 part compatible and has this been done before?
    And the damn weathers improving! It's been in the dealers 2 weeks now....

2. Yeah mines playing up 2011 s touring

3. Mine diagnosed with a faulty sender this morning. 2013 model. Dealer rang me just after I got home to say that the sender is showing out of stock with Ducati. Going to have service and sender fitted mid June hopefully. I will just fill up every time I go for a ride. Cannot remember ever using more that a tank full in a day so no problem.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information