1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Fuel Overflowing

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by FingersG, Apr 19, 2014.

1. I noticed a strong smell of fuel yesterday and upon further inspection it would appear fuel is somehow collecting around the overflow despite the tank being on reserve.

Anyone experienced this before and have a cure that doesn't involve a new tank?

2. If memory serves correctly (because I can't be arsed to go and look at mine), isn't there a little hole to allow petrol spilt into filler neck to drain back into the tank? Is that blocked? If this isn't what you mean I have no idea where the overflow is.

Hope that helps :Watching:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. If it wasn't clear it is now, I'll see if that makes a difference, it maybe the big temp changes that are making it worse.

All the seals seem to be sitting correctly so I'll check again later.

4. The holes under the cap link to hoses on the underside of the tank which run down to the belly. Any fluid should drain down to the road and away. Most dealers never check them routinely so they can get blocked.

If you pull the left under seat panel off you will see 2 small the hoses attached to the tank. Pull them off and blow some compressed air through the hose and also down through the holes in the tank neck and make sure they are clear.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information