1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gravesham Councillors Go To Florida

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wroughtironron, Apr 19, 2014.

1. tp://BBC News - Gravesham council bosses on Florida theme park trip

In a commendable gesture, nine officers and councillors are sacrificing their work time to go on this expenses paid jaunt, which includes trips to the theme parks.

I must confess, having previously visited Disneyworld, the only theme I could see, was obese Americans.

2. The BBC piece does not mention that the councillors are from both parties. The Gravesham councillors and officers might have learned a lot from visiting Thorpe Park, Chessington, and Legoland;
    they could fit all three into one day trip.

3. In all fairness, if you plan to build a theme park you need to see what you're up against, and as fun as Thorpe Park is, it ain't no Disneyland. The money will be recouped, and they're planning something fun and exciting for the community. I don't think you can really moan at that. The only thing they've done for the community round here is lower speed limits and put up cameras - and I bet they went on a fact finding mission to Botswana for that:mad:

4. The big thing to get out of a visit like this is the difference in service between the US and the UK. I did this trip for the same reason a few years ago (tagged on to an exhibition trip). It was worth it just for that.

But I would have thought that it really wasn't a trip for councillors and officers but more for the proposed developer and operator.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information