1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has any manufacturer improved on the Multi Decat pipes?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by hadidmax, Jan 17, 2014.

1. It's probably more to do with the back pressure.

My experience with the QD and running standard map when compared to the standard siencer / cat is that it has stronger Mid range, and seems to pick up better, so much so that it lofts the front wheel far easier, often when least expected, like mid overtake :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  2. The original hangers on the PP is black anodized, but the full Termi system comes with a new R.H hanger with mounting point for the muffler. That hanger comes in silver.

3. I take it the full Temi system is not road legal? No EU stamp? We all know what insurance companies are like in getting out of claims - stolen, crashed bike.
    Was looking at a 2nd hand full Termi system on line which I could just about afford.

4. That is correct. "Offroad use only" as they say....

5. Should have full details / all the info very soon, meantime a couple of teasers! lol

Vid1: First prototype......way too loud with the Leo Vince stubby can (remember this can has no 'silencing' as such as it was designed as a straight swap for the OE end piece)

Vid2: MKII decat now with inline 'baffle', again with the stubby Leo Vince

.....as I understand it there's likely to be various options/variants of the new decat pipe. I will post more as soon a s I can. Many thanks to Rob for the videos :upyeah:

#45 AndyW, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  6. MkII sounds great! What's it like with the baffle?

7. I'd be interested in this for my new PP allowing me to keep the Termi stubby.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Looks like the first small batch (5) should be ready this coming weekend...........price £250 + p&p.
    Will post photos and more detail as soon as I have them :D

9. Andy

Really interested in this. To be clearer are the baffles in the new decat pipe. If so presumably could use a Termi stubby. The Termi does not have baffles but I note the Leo Vince does.

My understanding is that, in most manufacturers, the decat pipes do not have baffles so, if one wanted to moderate noise levels, had to have an exhaust "box" with baffles in. I am keen to replace the CAT but do not want huge extra decibels!!

I note more details to be posted soon.

10. Looking forward to more details and probably going to order!

11. I'm still waiting on decent photos and technical info but yes very similar design to the Leo Vince decat system so ideal for OEM can, Termi stubby etc. There could be variations available at a later date dependent on demand.

I have been exchanging emails with Ben (the man;-), he's really busy with other work as well as the first small production run of the new decats for the MTS12 - there will be just 5 available initially hopefully completed by this coming weekend (doh I already said that above lol).
    And I have asked Rob 'the decat guinea pig' to make a couple more videos, with vs without baffle, closer look etc.

12. Another video...

The MKII version, now with inline baffle, here with a 'stubby' Leo Vince end can baffle in and baffle out plus OEM tail pipes. (remember the LV stubby can was designed for use with the OE exhaust system and so has little/no sound deadening qualities). More info to come soon.
    Many thanks to Rob (MrBulbass) for the video.

And yes I've told Rob to clean the bike and suggested he check the camera settings re vids in 'portrait' ;-)

And a few photos just to give you an idea of the build quality - sorry, MKI version and mobile phone pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. So what is the order process? Discount for early adopters?

14. Good question, we're 'chatting' about that sort of thing now, to date Ben has not been running his own business and continues with the day job for a performance exhaust manufacturer (cars) so the rate of production will be relatively slow (at first at least).

There's other considerations as well e.g. I have suggested that the decats should be supplied with a decent work-a-round for elimination of EXVL errors that are generated as a result of the removal of the exhaust valve. This may be optional, not sure yet - the 'work-a-round' may be all some buyers would want but others may want to go the DUC-EE (or similar) electronic type fix route (tidier, more elegant fix) or go for the ECU reprogramme via someone like Chris / CJS (the best, at a cost, fix - ideal for anyone who happened to be thinking of going to Chris for a remap in any case......which would be the ideal thing to do after 'decatting')

Mechanical fix to eliminate EXVL errors by fooling the servo motor system into not sensing the absence of the exhaust valve:
    [​IMG]
    .....I think Ben would be able to make a slightly better finished 'cam' (not that that matters)

For the first 5 decats that should be available early next week:
    Full details and decent photos will be posted and they'll be sold 'first come, first served' I guess.

Thereafter:
    At this time Ben feels that there could be around a 10 day turn-a-round time scale for orders.
    I've suggested doing something along the lines of....
    Stage1 - interested parties provide their name and contact details to register interest and will be put on the production queue list.
    Stage2 - Ben requests payment from the person or persons at the head of the list when he is in a position to make and ship out requested decat(s) within 10 days
    Stage3 - current order(s) nearing completion.....he contacts the next person(s) on the list for payment
    ...etc etc
    All to be settled yet.

Discount for early adopters.....man after my own heart! lol
    Personally I think the price he's considering of £250 + p&p is pretty damn good (MIVV [no inline baffle i.e. straight through pipes] £300 + p&p ~ LV which does have the 'inline baffle chamber' £400 ish?....couldn't find the Arrow listed anywhere)

....and the welding/construction on the LV really isn't that 'pretty'!!

[​IMG]

....but whilst I have high expectations of the work Ben will do we need to wait and see.
    So discount........could well be the £250 cost (if that is the final figure) for the first 5 decats will prove to have been discounted later on ;-) Either way don't you agree that it's a good price?

#54 AndyW, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  15. Well I'm OK to take a punt as an early adopter but I'd need the workaround for the exhaust valve as well.

16. Ok, so lets kick off an 'interested parties' list............everyone that is very likely to buy subject to confirmation of decat specs/details, photos and confirmation of pricing:

1) Count
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)

.....everyone else copy and paste the list and add your name :wink:

17. The bulbous inline baffle is a/the key feature. It needs a meaningful amount of sound deadening within this small chamber without overly restricting the gas flow. With a stubby Termi fitted (or the orig. two-pipe) it could end up being too loud. Any detail on it's construction?

18. Another good question.........that I'll pose to Ben :D Thanks.

19. The Mk 1 version looks fabulous quality - could do with some detail pics of the Mk2 when you can - but please put me down as a definitely interested.

Should you perhaps start a new thread for this, as it is a bit buried away?

1) Count
    2) Zed3
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)

20. Hope to have the pics soon.

NOTICE:
    After a little 'debacle' on another forum earlier today I'll take this opportunity to say that once the initial run of 5 decats is sold I'll be pointing Ben in Rob's direction (site admin / owner) to sign up for the Ducati Forum Trader Network and so contribute to the site coffers ;-)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information