1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headlight

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by densel16, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Oh dear!! It's been a while since anything has gone wrong with my bike, bit my friend has kindly smashed my headlamp lense with a stone, last sun. Can I replace the lense, or has anybody got a headlight cluster they are willing to sell me. Regards Dave

2. It might help if you tell us what the bike is.

3. Sorry. It's a 996

4. The lens isn't easily separable on these models and isn't available on it's own anyway. There are a few headlight units on eBay but make sure you get a RH drive version, many of them aren't and none of them are cheap. Also many used units can be quite fogged.

5. I have looked on eBay and although some looked fogged, I was of the understanding that these could be cleaned. I thought I'd check to see wether anyone on here had a set spare first, before I went down that route.

6. The fogging is easy to clean.

Headlight dip from left to right is also easily changed - the easiest way being to swap over the beam unit inside the headlight.

Usually go for around £100 or so on ebay, I hate to think what a new one would cost?

I've got a spare but it is just that; a spare in case I break mine.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information