1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi From Kent

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Si749, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Hi All

Finally, after 17 different jap bikes, I've bought a Ducati!

2005 749 and she's beautiful. I wasn't keen when they first came out but she's definitely aged well. Handling is rock solid and I had one of the best rides ever this Sunday, so confidence inspiring.

Got a few bits that I need to buy and can't wait to get out again at the weekend. I thought I was getting bored of bikes but this one has re-ignited my passion.

PS - I bought an aftermarket seat cowl from Denis at Design Corse and because I didn't clip it in properly it came off on my first ride. I found the main part but lost the seat stop. I got in touch yesterday to see if I could buy that part separately. He explained it comes as a whole set but that he had a new one with a slight scratch so he's sending me a whole new seat cowl free of charge! Amazing customer service. I'm buying all of my stuff from there now on!!!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Welcome Dave :)

3. Morning Si
    Great bikes aren't they
    The grin factor makes your cheeks ache
    Have fun :)

4. Welcome! There's quite a few of us in Kent who meet up and ride pretty often, including trips to Europe. Most stuff is organised on Facebook, search for DOC GB Kent Branch if you fancy a look ;-)

5. Great, will do as my normal riding buddy has sold his bike so finding it a bit boring on my own.

Si

6. jeez, you get up early ! :upyeah:

Welcome

7. Yep, always have done. Means I can get out for a ride at the weekend before everyone else gets up though!

Si

8. Can people from Herts tag along? :)

9. I just joined the facebook page as we live in London but the roads are better in Kent and I have mates down there!

10. Anyone can join! We have guys who ride with the Kent branch from the Home Counties :) Si, is your 749 yellow, and off a guy called Paul?

11. hello & welcome

12. Welcome to the madhouse...

13. Hi nuttynick

Nope mine's red and I actually bought it from up north as it was so much cheaper. Really nice dealer in Preston called Fastline. Very pleasant people to deal with.

Simon

• Like Like x 1
  14. Welcome to the forum :)

15. Hi, if anyone fancies a ride out south kent way let me know. I normally ride out over to Rye/Brede from Sellindge so if anyone wants to tag along let me know. My mate has sold his bike so it's starting to get a bit boring riding on my own.

Si

• Like Like x 1
  16. Will do, I'm not far from j10, so not even 10 mins from you :)

17. Great, fingers crossed for decent weather at the weekend!

18. Hello and welcome :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information