1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Http://burtmunrochallenge.co.nz/

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by NZDave, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Burt Munro Challenge | The Largest Motorcycle Rally in The Southern Hemisphere…

Here is a link to the Event, I will endeavour to take some photo's and do a SMALL write up of every event I attend, don't expect much as I'm a luddite, I don't even have Microsoft Word on my computer. There is also an evening function on the Friday, with a meet the celebs/riders which include Aaron Slight, Robbie Phillis, Josh Coppins, Cam Donald, Ben Townley, Hugh Anderson, Ken McIntosh, plus the mighty Britten will be on display throughout the whole week at various events.

http://digital.southlandexpress.co.nz/olive/ode/sxp_daily/ if this link works, go to pages 46 - 48 for more articles.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Link doesn't work Dave. But I look forward to your reports.

Don't worry about being a Luddite. Just write the reports down on paper using a pen, then post a copy to us all :upyeah:

3. Yes it does, perhaps your computer is corrupt from all those special interest sites you visit...

• Like Like x 1
  4. cant be that, mine is working fine.

5. Apologies......first link works fine. The second one doesn't ;)

6. Yes it does.

7. Does too. Clear your cache...

8. It works for me too!!! Is El T a bigger numpty than me? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Both links work fine for me. ET is a buffoon. :Bag:

Burt Monro, what a guy.

10. Good on you NZ
    A little something is better than nothing
    :)

11. Both work for me too
    ET get a grip
    Looks like your privileges have been taken away :)

12. The world needs buffoons.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. It's summer here, and the 1st event of the Burt Munro Challenge (bmc) happened today :upyeah:, so naturally there was gales and rain, wind gusts up to 130kph, horizontal rain/showers and feckin' colder than a witches knickers :Arghh:. But the sealed Hill Climb went ahead :), as well as being the bmc, it was also the NZ hill climb championship, 6 classes; ATV/Quad, Classic pre '63, Classic pre '82, Classic pre '89, up to 600cc, and Open class. 2 practice runs (timed) and 2 official timed runs, fastest single run wins in each class. Go to the link in the 1st post, results will be posted on the website somewhere ;). Ok, photo's, told you I was a luddite, took tons of pic's, but apart from the stationary start line photo's, there appears to be a rogue glitch in the camera, eliminating all motorbikes from every single feckin' photo I took :Eggonface:. And now I can't get my computer to recognise the SD card to download the photo's :Rage:. Sorry folks, can't get the SD Card or the Camera to talk to my computer, it'll have to wait until I can get someone to have a look at it for me :Depressed:.

#14 NZDave, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Brilliant NZ :)
    I enjoyed that

Errr I was going to ask about pics but saw your closing lines
    :)

Looking forward to next instalment

Thank you

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. so i was right @NZDave it IS just like lochaber and strontian.?;):smile:,nice one. you guys are hardy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. The weather this year is particularly bad, heaps of rain, hail, snow this spring/early summer, although we get a lot of rain in spring normally, it's not normally this cold as well :(.

17. Here we go....

001.JPG

Start line and 1st straight.

18. [​IMG][​IMG]

002.JPG

003.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information