1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard Sp: Swapping Exhausts Procedure?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by pisquano, Jan 29, 2015.

1. hi everyone my bike came with the high termi slip-ons, and I want to try the stock one as I might sell the termi to get some cash back.
    I have the ECU key with the maps - is it as straightforward as swapping cans and reflashing the ECU (like I've been told) or is it better to take it to a dealer to reset all the settings via their diagnostic tool?
    thanks

2. I wouldn't get the ecu flashed to normal. Probably better to get a standard one off eBay and sell the termi one. Or just use the termi ecu with standard cans because the standard runs too lean anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  3. oh interesting. so you suggest I could just swap the cans and leave the termi upmap? not sure I understood when you said "get a standard one"....I already have the standard exhaust which is ready to be mounted

4. I'm guessing you've got the 821?? If you're going to sell the Termi, then the new owner will want/need the upmap. Fit the stock system, plug the upmap into the diag socket and the bike will revert back to stock. The upmap will then be active for the next user.

• Like Like x 1
  5. First thing most do is add termi's to their new bike. Removing a termi is a sin isnt it? Cant see it catching on

6. Ok I know it's a sin.
    Still I want to try but the point is if makes sense to switch to standard and still keep the performance map

7. No there's no point. Listen to nelly he knows what he's talking about

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information