1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 I Stink...no Kidding

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Marksimpson, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Hi, I have just got a 2010 848 with termis on the rear, however when I get off the bike I seem to stink of exhaust fumes, is this because of the underseat pipes or should I investigate some more?? Thanks for any advice in advance or suggestions, Mark

2. Stop shagging the termis. The soot will also cause black veined helmet cheese.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks for the heads up, checking my helmet as we speak, ha ha

4. If it was a lorry, he could could wind up HGV positive.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Sounds to me like you are facing the wrong way, try turning round and make sure your chest is over the petrol tank and your nose hovering over the top yoke. Or it could be that you are following the vehicle in front far too close!:Smuggrin:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Have you tried putting the bike into gear, letting the clutch out and riding ? That way the fumes will go out the back, you'll get a fresh and bracing breeze in your face and your problem will be solved.

Seriously, never had that problem. Do you start the bike in a garage or underground parking area ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Have a shower each and every day.

8. Shower every day, no chance, may have to sell the bike..

9. The smell seems the strongest in my rucksack. I don't start it in the garage or underground. It has the termis on but I don't know if the ecu has been changed or altered, with just the end cans would the ecu need altering??

10. Could be fine, but maybe worth checking slip-on joints for leaking or whether Termis split under centre of seat where you can't see.

11. Yea plan on doing that this weekend thanks, got some holts hot gum as well to help seal just in case

12. Its just as likely fumes from other road users.

13. Na its not that tbh as never had the problem when on the 900ss

14. had a 748 with carbon slip-ons that had split right up the middle and hardly sounded much louder : )

15. Sounds like a funny looking rucksack, with Termis fitted...........Perhaps the rucksack is the problem.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Update. I got the bike Dyno'd yesterday and it confirmed that it is running really rich. I was given two options to sort this and wanted advise please. Buy a power commander and custom map, around 600 or re-fit original ecu (which I dont have) then get custom map. Can this be true?? and if so how can Termi/Ducati sell a kit with a bike that does not mix the fuel correctly??

17. @Marksimpson try @CJS for mapping direct to ECU. As I understand it you get a better map when done to ecu. I recently had mine done for £475. The whole process took from 9am till 4pm. Its the best £475 ive spent on my bike.

18. Can the re map be done to the termi ecu? I was told this was not possible by the garage and could only be done if you had the original ecu with the bike.

19. Mark, yes it can I believe. @chrisw is the expert ecu guy here. Mine was mapped to my slash cut only ecu, even though it has full 70 headers etc too. I still have my OEM ECU in a box and all mapping was done to the ecu that came with my slash cuts. Only a few people can map direct to the ECU Chris Steadman at CJS Racing (inside Louigi Moto) nr Bristol is one of them. As is Wilf at MotoRapido. There may be others. I am sure people will post their contacts here. CJS seems to be the best going by popular consensus on here hence why I went all the way to Bristol.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Thank you, I have just emailed CJS so hopefully will sort a solution, he has great reviews and I live in Bristol, so bonus.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information