1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT I Will Get It Next Week!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Motohtori, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Just got a message from my dealer. First bikes arrive 1.4.2015 to Finland. I will be driving my new Mutley next week. Can t wait.:)
    I will tell my first impressions next week.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Good luck with that :upyeah:. Looking forward to your thoughts on the DVT.

Good to know they are rolling off the production line. Clock is ticking for UK deliveries :)

3. Do they have April Fools Day in Finland?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Yes we have. Dam did they fool me. Hope not. Well is snowing here anyway and I I am coming to UK to enjoy lovely Uk spring weather. :) and quality football.

5. Enjoy steadily running in your new beast!

6. Asked my dealer yesterday, and they said they didn't have a date for mine yet. They said they usually get 10 days notice of when they were being delivered. :-(

7. Nice one and health to use. :upyeah: Can't say I'd fancy running my bike in with it snowing but you guys are well experienced with the white stuff - most people over here can't even get to the end of their street in any vehicle never mind a bike when any amount of snow arrives! :Facepalm:

Look forward to reading what you think of the DVT and seeing a photo two.....

8. Oh dear that don't sound too good. Looking like at least mid to end of April then for new models if the ten day notice is across dealerships. My dealer was very careful not to promise me anything when I ordered mine. Wouldn't even guarantee it would be in April! Not being disrespectful to Finland but I would have thought it's still covered in snow over there so they could have waited until mid June for theirs :).

• Like Like x 1
  9. My understanding is that UK is usually one of the first export markets. I think the 2013 MTS was launched here even before Italy.

The dealers were told end of March. No sign of it yet. They usually get invoiced then the bike gets delivered. Hence the lead time, usually a week.

There was some hope 2 weeks back as the Monsters and 1299s trucked in within days of invoicing. At the London MC show, Ducati UK were told 3rd wk Mar for demo bikes, customer bikes week later.

So far, not a squeak.

My 2013 has breached 30k. <sigh> Guess I was optimistic. They did so well for the 2013 and Diaval. I thought they were good on their word...

10. Time stands still when you are waiting for a new bike...I know :Arghh:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. are there any demos in the dealers you can look at? (i'm in spain, well actually i'm in Columbia) i'm over to uk in may and am hoping to trade in my 2013 multi for a new one and want to know how tall the seat is as im struggling with my "short" legs, getting the thing upright fully loaded.

12. In fact spring came very early to Finland and I have been driving my 2013 Multi since 8th of March. There has only been some cold days since then but I am sure I will be driving my new bike on 10th of April.

13. We should at least have them in May! That's how long it took the MkI 1200 to arrive. I suspect it should be in the next couple of weeks at most.

The accessories and packs are all available already. I have been informed my full system is arriving next week.

The bike is still undergoing some last minute testing. It must most likely be some fitting, part, or the multimedia interface that needs tweaking.

As for height, I can tell you it is much better than the current bike. The stock seat is the same height as the low seat on the current model. I believe the stock seat can be adjusted for a few heights. A low seat is also available.

14. Check out the Ducati Winter Tour website. Bike to be in dealerships from 11 Apr!

15. So, any news yet?!

16. The dealer bikes arrived this week in Belgium. We can testride them this week and 18-19 april are dealerdays.
    I'm also waiting for my new bike (with carbon windshield and Termignoni). Orderd in 2 February and delivery June on my order.

Update: I got a call from my dealer today. My bike is in the workshop!! Hope to have him this or next week!

11080679_943101729056513_2104654849958116957_o.jpg

10847322_943101492389870_3183535156146590011_o.jpg

11096543_943101472389872_4354390825456474529_o.jpg

10916369_943101445723208_6482310435167550076_o.jpg

10931123_943101132389906_5389355166094445005_o.jpg

#16 gkmapv, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Nice ;-) not long and you will be buzzing with joy.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 11th April is the first time they have set a date. Looks like its good!

19. Interesting as in the UK termis are no longer the Ducati partner on this new model,well that's what the eager said to me.

20. On the contraire mon ami!

The accessories and packages are the same globally. Both the slip and full system are still Termis.

I think Ducati UK may have inadvertantly started this train of thought after it was revealed the Panigale RS's full system will be Akrapovic. I get this feeling that in the dealer network, Termis aren't that highly regarded for their build quality and there was some hope the partnership has ended. I had my hopes up too as i ordered the full system and the Panigale's look totally out of this world.

I suspect Termis are a bit dated compared to Akra. The only reason to keep them is sentiment as they have been synonymous with Ducati for so long. A Termi is like the official (read expensive) upgrade. Perhaps the Akra is for the high performance sports models. A trickle down from MotoGP perhaps?

Maybe Termis were found out and given a kicking by Audi for their QC. My full system literally fell apart after less than 2 years. Not sure who else, if anyone helped develop the stock exhaust. I know Mivv helped with the stock Diavel.

Let's hope Termi pullup their socks. The only saving grace is that the full system is the same price as for the old model.

Btw, I was watching this official vid and there are Ohlins!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information