1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Is Your Bike Running A Bit Hot?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Birdie, Jul 29, 2014.

1. If you would like your 748/916 radiator fan to kick in a bit earlier you might be interested in one of these temperature switches. After a hunt around I found this one which cuts in 5deg earlier and has the same fitment as the Ducati's mentioned. Standard switch cuts in at 92 and of at 87deg this one cuts in at 87 and of at 82deg, hope it helps in traffic this weather.
    RADIATOR FAN TEMP SWITCH - PEUGEOT BOXER BOX 1994-2002 50134 | eBay

Steve

They must be popular as the price has gone up from £7.30 last week!!!!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. My 998 seems to run hotter than the sun itself. If I fit this switch, will both fans cut in at the lower temperature and will I be able to transport several sheets of plasterboard?

3. Unfortunately the 998 has a different engine and I am told this will not fit, yes you will be able to transport several sheets of plasterboard as long as you fit a sidecar.
    Steve

4. Damn, I guess I'll have to keep looking and continue to melt the tarmac as I ride. Apparently there is a kit available somewhere for the 998?
    Re. the plasterboard, I think I'll either buy the whole van, or get my local brico to deliver, the bike runs so hot I'd have to pay extra for the fireproof stuff anyway!

5. It would appear, after further investigation that one or other of the cylinder head gaskets is leaking. As well as running hot, coolant level is dropping and white smoke on start-up. This after less than 200kms of use. Fortunately, purchased from Ducati concessionaire with one year guarantee so on its way back soon for repair!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Finally found the time to pick up the 998. It's still in the back of the truck but I've run it up to temp and all seems well so I'll take it for a blast tomorrow if the alpine weather holds up. Props to Thomas at Ducati Oberschwaben for first class warranty service: Not a cent to pay and there's even a new front tyre on it!

7. Sunny weather today so managed two full tilt runs on the D902 and am pleased to report all is well and the bike's pulling like a train. I had been looking at one of those S1000RR's but I absolutely murdered a guy on one today and him with his fancy ABS and traction control etc. From the look of it I actually thought a Yamaha Fazer was behind me until we stopped for a chat! Oh, and pro-grips. Are they supposed to stay on the bars or work their way off as you wring the neck of your sportsbike?

8. Lockwire. Lockwire the grips is best. I'd do mine if I could remember which 'mate' i'd lent it to so that the cheap fecker would return it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information