1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Korean Ferry Sinking

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mc Tool, Apr 18, 2014.

1. whats the bet it hit a submerged airliner :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Looks to be an Asian Costa Concordia type event. :(

3. Captains: Not what they used to be:Grumpy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Apparently he wasn't even on the bridge, so he had no say in the control of the boat at the time. If the Captain isn't around when something goes wrong they always tend to get the blame.

5. The captain ( technically the ship's master ) always has overall responsibility for the safety and conduct of the vessel.

6. The Officer of the watch will-should have a full Master's foreign going ticket...The Captain cannot be there 24hrs a day , Some passenger vessels have a night skipper as well .

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's all immaterial, the captain at the time of the ship's sinking was not at the helm. Not only that but he left the ship with people still on it. He is guilty. It might be archaic, but it's law.

8. Sorry, I didn't realise there were so many experienced seafarers and experts in maritime law on this forum.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well now you know ;) Ahoy!!!!

10. Shocking!!!! captain tells everyone to stay inside incase they get swept away ,then fucks off before it sinks typical :mad:

11. Sending everyone to their cabins to collect life-jackets and warm clothing is standard procedure - and quite correct. Not telling them to leave their cabins and go to their lifeboat stations was where they went wrong...

12. Oh I dunno ..... get rid of as many witnesses as possible ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information