1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lights

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Richie Rich, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Today was the 1st time I've rode my bike in the dark and I must say how crap my lights are! Ok if you want to look up a tree but no good for seeing the road

2. Did you see any squirrels? :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Couldn't see fuck all mate

4. Not even up in the trees? :(

5. Yes my first night ride too, I certainly helped guide some planes down! The amount of times I ride at night, I think I'll just adjust and leave them.

6. Its well documented that 1098/1198/848 are pants

I just went and installed HIDs, as did quite a few others.

I think LEDs are also coming to fruition now too. Bear in mind if you go that route its really a bit naughty and is against the regs

7. Anyone know what size of bulb are fitted?

8. I had that problem on my MV. The guy who sold it to me told me the lights were poor. I didn't ride often at night but when I did dip was non existant. A few year passed by and late one summer night I rode down a stretch of road where the trees formed a tunnel. The overhanging branches were brilliantly illuminated. I stripped the lights down and found that the dip unit was installed upside down. It had passsed 2 MOT's like that

• Like Like x 1
  9. Think they're h4's. I put some osram night breakers in mine on they were loads better. Not as good as hid's though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ho they are not H4s that bulb is a ccombined Lo & Hi

The bulbs in the 1098/1198/848 are H11

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. I was gonna say the same thing, everybody seems to automatically go for hids but in most cases a simple bulb upgrade does the trick for a lot less cash and hassle.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hi have just fitted hids to mine and oh my what a difference. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. did you take any photos of the install, by chance?

look good. how effective are they?

ian

14. Hahahaha! Trust you! :D

15. no, not me. not yet anyway. ;)

16. Sorry no but if you want a hand in fitting them I don't mind :)

They make a huge difference cannot be any happier with them over the moon £45 well spent :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. @bettes if you want I have a word document from the old Ducati forum with Topolino's thread on the install on a 1098 I added to that a little too.

You'd need to "start a conversation" to give me your mail address as I don't think you can post it up unless somebody instructs me otherwise. The main problem usually is finding places for the boxes the electrical side is pretty much "Plug n' Pray"

18. thanks a lot. i would like that. pm sent.

cheers, ian

19. Ok so I'm going to upgrade my headlight bulbs but where is the adjuster to lower them a bit?

20. You can improve the high beam a bit by removing the deflector plate from the headlight. It just fits out of the bulb opening with a magnetic screwdriver. With it in you get a dead spot between the high and low sides of the light which hits the road right where you don't want it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information