1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Looking To Buy 999s

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Steve Wright, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Hi,

I've just sold my Fireblade and looking to get a 999S, had a 1198S before the Fireblade.

Anything i need to look out for except normal FSH, belt changes etc.

Thanks

2. Early models subject to a radiator recall, look for evidence that that has been done.

3. 05 / 06 much better spec than 03 / 04!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Could be shot down for this, but try for the later Black swing arm model. I know there were a few issues with the earlier 749's.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 999's?

6. Yes both models 749 & 999, older grey swing arms were changed to a more solid black swing arm around 05. There were also some other changes too such as fairings and i believe some engine mods too.

7. I do prefer the 05 models with red frame, black swing arm. Not many for sale thou

8. Does it have to be mint?

9. Depends, but ideally?

10. Thats mine out then! Its not dog rough, in fact its never really wanted for nothing but I have used it as Ducati intended. Its not a garage queen

• Like Like x 1
  11. Could you email me some pictures?

12. PM me your email address

13. 999 999.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. is that the long wheelbase version?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Oh you guys kill me you really do lol

16. And more notably they had radial Ohlins front forks instead of the older type - I have seen some bargains on later ones recently - one at a dealer 'Dark' version with circa 5000 miles for £5K. It sold to a dealer a few meters away and they put it up for £6000 and also sold it within a week or so!

17. The 999s in 2004 also had the upgraded engine with deep sump which i have , silver frame i prefer but again the red frames have their fans as does the later swing arm (i have fitted that to mine more for the looks i prefer ) Fuel tank capacity is a bit of a pain at 15l but again i got an R tank with extra 5 l capacity .
    I have had mine 18 months and love it , 59 yrs old but i dont think i could part with it .
    It also attracts a lot of attention which is nice ( i think people cant get over how old the bike is but not dated )

18. The larger tank is from the 749R only not the 999R...thought the engine upgrade came with the 05 / 06 model and the 03 / 04 were the same? The 999s I just sold from 2003 had the deep sump engine as all S models did.

19. S engines were the same deep sump throughout the years. Later none S got deep sump but no ti bits

Do Not Sell My Personal Information