1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loomies Closing For Good 26th Oct

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Drinky, Sep 2, 2014.

1. What will the A272 warriors do without Loomies? Joking apart it seems that the renewal of the let wasn't acceptable to the proprietors which is a shame. Their Facecloth page is saying they're closing for good on the 26th October.

#1 Drinky, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  2. The property is to be sold. That may take a long time so expect hunger and thirst to be a big part of your Sunday Morning run for some time to come.

Yes, I'm upset.

3. try the welly its better. might even buy you a coffee.

4. I'm not crossing the Arctic Circle for a fucking cup of coffee!

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. The venue disappeared for 15 years, and they couldnt sell. Am guessing the new planning laws make the site easier to develop and make oodles of cash from.

Wilf best get a burger van outside at weekends ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I'll suggest it too him the next time I see him. There is of course the existing van just behind the Post Office which does a very good sausage and bacon roll with Turkish chillie sauce. Andy

7. Locals will be happy, as will local plod

8. Yeah, cant have been helped by the police interest down there, that's why I stay away anyway

9. Bummer!

Bit further up the road for those from the coast but I think the cafe at Lasham Gliding Club is open to the public and not unwelcoming to bikers, though probably not in the numbers seen on a good day at Loomies.

10. In my opinion Lasham and The Departure Lounge are miles better than Loomies, which last time i was there I was surprised it met any environmental and hygiene regs. Maybe I was there on a bad day, but the carpet was stickier than velcro !

11. Found the grub to be a little expensive at loomies and a tea was dear but enjoyed the banter of the people working there , it's a shame but parking could be awkward at times as well , grub was better at hilltop cafe

12. Nope ;)

Its a roadside cafe tho, not the same kind of place as departure lounge

13. Oakdene has to be one of the grimiest places I've ever been, and staffed by the stars of benefit street

• Like Like x 1
  14. or the so called bikers riding like twats and killing themselves or worse, others!

15. Delicately put! A grain of truth there though.

16. yep ....

17. Wont stop them being knobs, just stop the, bragging loudly about it in a packedncar park

18. my point was that plod was attracted/required/requested to be there because of it...

19. Which is how I liked it, kept them away from me

20. Yep.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information