1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marzocchi Fork Seal Sizes

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by wonky donkey, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Hi all - quick question: can someone confirm that the correct size for the Marzocchi forks (750SS) is 52x40x10? Most sites actually only quote the Showa seals so far as I can see.

Cheers,

Mick..

2. Yep...........I'm pretty sure that is correct.........the 10 is important.

As my Marzocchis were a bit pitted but cleaned up well, I fitted some slightly oversize seals so they were a bit tighter, just in case.

....I think they were 52.25 x 40 x 10

Sorry, can't find the exact size at the moment, but will look later.

3. Just found this in the Supersport forum which I posted a while ago.....

This is what is on the oversize seals.

TCL 40 / 52.2 / 10 / 10.5

If I recall correctly, the 10.5 may have been the overall depth including the slight projection of the seal lip, whereas the 10 is the depth of the seal at the O/D.

Anyway, if your forks are OK, you need the standard sizes about which you are right.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. cheers Al - yeah, mine seem in good order so will go for standard sizes (and yes, pretty sure the 10.5 will be inclusive of the "lip" as you say).

ta!
    Mick..

5. Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm in the middle of overhauling the forks on my 600, how the bloody hell do you get the retaining clip out?? I've been poking at it for an hour and I've just succeeding in chasing it round the groove!

6. IIRC they don't have a hole in the ends of the circlips, but the ends are chamfered back so you can get a lever in behind the end........you have to stop one end from moving while levering the other end out, so you need two small screwdrivers......

• Like Like x 1
  7. Got it eventually, just about took the end off my nose when it came out.

8. Pig snout.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I think body-piercing is boaring.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information