1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mcn Excel M.bike Show Friday 13th To Sun 15th Feb 2015

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by AirCon, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Trip to Excel

#1 AirCon, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
  2. See rideouts section

3. I go up by train mate its a fun journey

4. well i went to the NEC and was a bit disappointed and surprised at the prices so i'm out.

5. I actually thought NEC was better than I expected not many tacky cheap leather stalls there.
    Where as Excel last year must have had half a dozen of those stalls and the venue is a lot smaller but might go up just for a nosey.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. it was good, loved the one off's and custom bikes the majors had commissioned.

i ain't paying £25k for a bike though so that side of it dissapointed me.

still want a pani though

7. which one 899, 1199 or the 1299?

8. dunno. 899 would do me tbh but i like all the mag bits on the higher spec bikes.

i'd settle for a 1199 R with better wheels!

9. Thats 24k worth of bike new, aint the wheels the lightweight ones ?

10. i know how much they are. a s/h 899 in white with a termi and with some nicer wheels will be me.

they may be lightweight on the R Cupid but they look awful. like the 5 spokes.

11. I have not really looked at the rims will have to google them I would have thought they were same style as 899 but then again maybe not.

12. Thread hijacked...
    No Stockholm syndrome here...

Any way...back to the thread.

13. The last time I went to the ExCel show it was rubbish, not a patch on the Brum show. So no, I'm not bothering this time.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. I like it.

It has a better class of totty.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I will never be attending either UK show again, both have always been a little disappointing, then this year I went to EICMA and realised that the UK shows were not at all disappointing...........they are just plain & simple overpriced rubbish

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  16. ^ Agree 'sidestalls' at motorbike/car shows used to be worth going for alone but now it's largely old (more correctly new) tat.

17. We are considering riding there, if the weather is reasonable.

Not sure if this is the same show that used to be at Ally Pally many years ago.

18. No it's not the same, they re started the Ally Pally show last year and that really was a waste of a day, as much as I like bike shows.

Excel will be worth a day out though for me. I'm going on Sunday as im busy on Saturday free for some reason.

19. Don't need a lift thanks but I will be there both days mooching around the Ducati Stand, my first official engagement as part of the team. Murray Hambro's modified 899 will be there on show.

True Heroes Racing – About Us

20. Pick me up in York but pick the other 3 up first so I get full benefit from the petrol share scheme you are running :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information