1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster M600 Fuel? Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jon507, Apr 24, 2015.

1. My ex's M600 has developed an intermitant problem, if anyone can help. Just out of the blue it stops running.......anytime, anywhere....electrics all seem ok...it just stops running. shake it around a bit pump the throttle and it normally starts again, sometime later ....then could be 40 miles later or the next day does the same!!! Genuine Fuel filter only a few thousand miles old, all pipes seem ok...yet it stops at different times under different conditions...Anyone had anything similar?

2. Has the petrol been in over the winter? Water in the fuel?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fuel filter can do this too. Could also be electrical as the pick ups can fail when warm (think that's what they are, they sit as a connector on lhs crankcase)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. as above plus - depending on answer, how brown/how much rust was present (if at all) in old fuel filter? If it was loads then (apart from carbs definitely benefitting a strip and clean) it could well be that the vacuum fuel pump is carrying water and/or is also partially blocked with rust silt. It's quite easy/straight forward to strip, the one-way valves are pretty bullet proof (make sure you remember which way round they go) and, if it has a set or 'pant' in it - turn the clear diaphragm round the other way while you're at it and also check vacuum pipe for perishing at either of the ends as partial failure won't help above either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Took me 2 rounds and a test day once to solve mine, pretty much replaced everything, ended up being the pick ups and paddock mechanics took over

image.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thanks everyone, will clean the carbs and check the pick ups, the vacuum pump was already cleaned and not that dirty....it still did it when the fuel filer was removed.
    Cheers

7. Hi again....checked the fuel in the carbs and it all seems good...no water. Tested the pick ups and the resistance is all good. I am guessing that the readings will change when the bike breaks down? Do both pick ups stop working at the same time hence the bike stopping running? Or when one goes it forces the other to stall? Anyone any ideas, new to these things going wrong? Thanks

8. Mine had one intermittent and tbh it was another experienced guy suggesting that was the issue so I just changed and bingo.

I had done fuel filter, carbs, fuel, plugs, switches and that was pretty much all left. Only haloened afetr it got warm (4 laps) and felt like it was running out of fuel and running on one

Do Not Sell My Personal Information