1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Little Project!

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Dukeecol, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Hi All

Some of you from the old defunct Ducatisti site will maybe remember the tittle for this build?,well its still ongoing and i thought i would start posting its progress here.
    A little history first,this project started way over 4 years ago now,its gone through so many different stages but has never been fully built.
    This project was started from scratch,yes scratch,didnt even have one bolt to start with so what you see is the result of buying,making or modifying.
    So i hope you like what i have done sofar,still alongway to go but i will keep you all updated!

IM000045.jpg

IM000046.jpg

IM000047.jpg

IM000048.jpg

IM000049.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. Lovely, let's hope you get more done soon!

3. I am liking the Dymag swing arm! Is that a wide track front end with adjustable offset yokes? Mmmmmmmm.

4. Yes it shure is a wdietrack front,it has the aluminium spindle which was factory and the customer used steel,the Dymag singarm is the true race version,if you look at other Dymag swingarms they have a sleeve for the smaller road spec hub.

5. Very nice indeed, more pics please???

6. What's the engine? some sort of 996?

7. The engine is a 955

8. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ....

this is yyyyyyyyyummie.... are those Aprilia spec forks?

9. The forks are not from a Aprilia,they came from a Yamaha race bike,i will check the number of the forks but i think they were supplied to teams of diff sorts for either BSB or WSB.
    As a update i have progressed a little,rearsets are now fitted,as is the rear subframe.In the process of having a new front axel made to work with the widetrack setup.New brake lines are on order and thats about it for now.

10. This is a really nice bike, are you still on it?

11. Hi

Yes still on it,only bits here and there,i will post some pics soon at its current state.Its mainly the electrics,i hate electrics :).

12. Corse frame?

13. I can see why it's taken a while, some nice unobtainium there.

14. yep.... tha'ts the way to go ! i know some people in luxemburg who might be of help when required... :) they have loads of that stuff. keep up the good work.. :)

15. Hi
    The frame ia a 748SP frame,i have modified it by removing the ignition bracket and welding up the footrest bracket and steering damper bracket as with the corse frame,the biggest mod was removing the centre "V" and making and fitting a new one to allow the bigger airbox.I would like a corse frame,but this bike is going to be used on the road,so registering a corse frame is not possible i beleive?.
    I have lots more "unobtanium" :).
    Kope please drop me a msg about your friends and how they maybe able to assist please.

Thanks all

16. Hello
    Well its been a long long time since i posted anything about the project,other projects and things of daily life have taken my time.I have been working on the electrics and that has required me fit a lot of parts to the bike,only lashed on to allow me to work out the route and position of electrical items and to give me an idea of what i need to buy,make etc for other parts.
    So i took some pics to show its still being worked on and what its going to looklike
    photo (1).JPG photo (2).JPG photo (3).JPG photo (4).JPG photo (5).JPG photo.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  17. Mmm,not too sure that wiring is quite right.The rest is coming on.Keep the pics going.

18. nope the wiring is a job in progress,normal loom havin to be modified due to the relocation of the ecu,genuine race loom was no good to me and a road harness is far to long.

19. Road harness works well upfront. The only connection that must be extended is that of the fuel pump.

20. i have found the normal road harness was far to long,the race harness is shorter so i thought i would make it to that length

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information