1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Radical SuperPantah project.

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by nuttynick, Aug 22, 2012.

1. As we now have a dedicated specials forum I thought I'd shift my thread over here!

After seeing what Radical Ducati did with their Pantah project I just had to have one! A Pantah was my first Ducati and they hold a special place in my heart so for me to builld my own is great!

This is what I want to end up with, but not a carbon copy as I want to make it my own.

[​IMG]

First place to start was a donar Pantah chassis, this came in the form of a 650 Alluzzura, a very lucky find!

[​IMG]

Next I found a 1991 750SS to use as a donor bike. It came complete with an ally swingarm and a couple of other parts I'd be using.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Next step was to strip both bikes down, and take an angle grinder to the rear of the Alluzzura(Pantah) frame. Then cut the shock mount from the 750 frame, set the geometry, and weld the mount into the Pantah frame after fitting the 750 engine and swingarm. Then the front end was fitted so it can roll around the workshop!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#2 nuttynick, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. My intention was to use the 750 cylinders with 650 heads to keep it a 'right way around' heads motor. However the 650 heads wont fit due to the difference in bore size. I will get them machined to fit and the squish set in time, but until then I'll use the 750 motor complete with wrong way around rear head. The first problem with this is the rear carb now has to point forward. Time to cut and weld the rear manifold to suit. At least the carb fits into the frame now and will allow the tank to seat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Next job was to weld some lockstops and fairing supports to the headstock. I'm not sure if i'm going to modify the stock SS front fairing frame or fabricate a new one yet. But my new adjustable clip-ons fit nice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. Nice one Nick. Don't forget to weld on the tax holder bracket :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Shit Andy I'd forgotten about that! I'll start a new thread to ask where it should go closer to the time ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Liking this thread. Look forward to seeing the end product :upyeah:

8. I really like this, great stuff and definitely looking forward to seeing this completed. :upyeah:

9. Got an email from the guys at Radical today, my stuff is boxed up and on its way! I'll update the thread when it arrives :upyeah:

10. Nice! It gave me some inspiration to get my lazy ass to the garage on do some work on my '79 Honda CB650Z cafe racer project :smile:

11. Xmas came early today! So I started on the rear subframe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Seat supports tacked into place, along with some brackets for the Dyna coils and the ignitor units, along with an oil tank breather bottle. I just wish I could weld!

[​IMG]

14. Your missus is going to go burpsqueak when she see's the state you've got the kitchen into.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yes, I was thinking too of the luxury of having a front room which seems to be a garage.

16. That's my workshop you cheeky sods! When we bought the house it had a large summer house in the garden which I blagged!

17. You can't beat that oil in the floorboards smell :upyeah:

18. I'm loving this thread Nick :upyeah:
    Keep 'em coming!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information