1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New coolant Re-call for multi

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Nik the greek, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Doh...I've just purchased a 20,000 mile / JUNE 2010 1200S...I'll be keeping a close eye on that oil!
    Snells have just told me it must be in their workshops by the end of the year (i.e. before 2013) if Ducati are to pay for the change of coolant.
    It will be in for a 22,000 miles service (circa £300+VAT) before then.

2. My coolants fluorescent green!! They gave me the container because it had some left in so I will check the make tonight.

3. Motul Motocool Expert = fluorescent green but the label from the back with all the info is missing..... of course!

4. This is from Opie Oils website

About Motul MOTOCOOL EXPERT Ready to use cooling liquid
    Anti-corrosion and anti freeze, Protection -25°C/-13°F Nitrite free / Amine free / Phosphate free

MOTUL MOTOCOOL EXPERT is a ready to use cooling liquid, antifreeze and anti-corrosion for bikes cooling systems. Based on monoethyleneglycol, MOTOCOOL EXPERT contains reinforved hybrid anti-corrosion additives suitable for light aluminium alloys used for bike engine design.

Protects the cooling system from freezing ( -25°C / - 13°F) and metallic parts from corrosion. Provides an excellent thermal exchange and then engine cooling efficiency. Avoid engine overheating with its high boiling point : 133°C/271°F (+1.5 bar ). Outstanding anti-corrosion and anti-cavitation properties that remain while ageing. Seals, durits and plastic parts friendly.

Wonder if it's safe or not?

5. Is this the new coolant?

6. No - my dealers expecting some of the new coolant soon

7. I also received a quick reply from my dealer telling me they will be getting the new coolant soon.

8. Luckily? Mine is in Ducati M/ch for 3 other warranty issues so gave them a call & was told they'd already done it :upyeah:. Good service from the shop but i'm getting really fed up with the,seemingly,endless recall/update trips back there. Still love the bike but doubt very much if i'd buy Ducati again. I never had any probs with my aprilia or even cagiva!

9. P S it's a 2011 model as well :frown:

10. SMC now have coolant in stock bike booked in next week, can be done while you wait

11. Had a phone call from them just as I was reading this!:upyeah:

12. Yes

13. Having mine done next weekend, my dealer called me to let me know!

14. a dealer in Sheffield, but don't think of going there because its up north and therefore very grim.
    :tongue:

#55 DonaldDuc, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  15. Coolant changed took just short of two hours to do, the new stuff is pink.

They have now decided that faint glow in clocks now warrant changing so another visit required

16. @quinny - what colour is the new coolant in ur bike? had mine done at 24k service and dealer says its the right stuff.....but its not pink! just wondering if they are trying to pull a fast one........

Will

17. The old stuff was blue, this is pink, bit like "muc off" cleaner colour

This recall only came out at start of sept, when was your 24k service ? if it was before that and its blue, it would have been the right stuff ??

18. Nik I bought my bike from SMC and I know you take your bike there - did you have fluorescent green coolant on yours before?

19. No it was Blue

Do Not Sell My Personal Information