1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New coolant Re-call for multi

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Nik the greek, Sep 21, 2012.

1. I had my coolant changed yesterday! This after having to eke it out of the dealer ie he had no idea about this recall. It was only after I asked about checking against the vin no that he realised there was an issue. There was also a software ecu upgrade for the "key" stroke ignition switch!

I asked him how I would have been informed? He said via the Dvla.....

I am rather peed off that a) Ducati have not notified me and b) my dealer has not either! Wooed and screwed comes to mind ie we'll happily take your money when you buy the bike but don't really want to look after your problems in future

Oh the dealer was not pleased when I told him I heard about the issue on the forum....thank heavens I did! :mad:

2. Got mine done today, Delayed due to my work commitments abroad. Just over an hour to do the job!

3. My rad went after the coolant change at 15K service (not the recall) and I am picking my bike up today after having had a new rad fitted and the coolant recall. Ducati Leeds said they have had no head issues but now 3 rad failures after coolant changes.

4. That sounds a bit worring....?

5. After I had the coolant change the first time I took the bike out I was alarmed to see how quickly temp went up while just standing still - much quicker than normal - kept a close eye on it but touch wood it seems OK....

6. Down at SMC now having engine casing changed...

7. Good man, nice sunny day to road test for leaks... lol

8. Sorry about that.....yes confirmed as Dec 2013

9. Surely its a 22500 Mile service?

10. A local garage is doing my recall when they do the 7500 mile service (22,500 miles).

#110 AirCon, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
  11. Have any of you been notified officially of this coolant recall? If so, in what form or shape?

I never received a thing, and it was only being on this forum that I heard of it!

12. Mike looks after my Duc but he can't do the warranty work. I had my coolant recall done at West London Superbikes. I was informed about the recall the day after riders of Bridgwater delivered the new bike. They didn't get the bulletin from Ducati until after the van had dropped it off here!!

13. Had the coolant replaced today. Took an hour and no problems experienced. Happy customer

14. Have had my coolant changed but still no notification received from my selling dealer (Riders) which seems odd. Most people seem to have found out through forums.

My bike is still at Sycamores after 2 & 1/2 weeks. 15k service and all other work done 2 wks ago but await decision by Ducati in Italy about my rear lightbracket failing and letting the light drop down. It failed on a ride and I had to tape it back in place. I know of two other similar problems on other Multis fixed under warranty so don't know why mine has gone to the final jury. Will my extended warranty be honoured?

15. the tabs on my rear light both cracked and caused rear light to shake, i stripped it and had a look myself, very flimsy design for a bike that vibes alot !! , so i lockwired the unit in to place and no probs ever since !!....(at least i know it wont snap a 2nd time)

16. Dealer phoned me to tell me to book it in, great service I thought!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yes, this is the only instance of this happening I have heard of. I had mine done at OYB and when I asked why they had not phoned me, they almost said it did not need doing and internet forums were the worst thing ever.

18. Now where have I heard that before?!!

19. OYB are 20 mins from me. Instead I ride 2 hrs to Sycamores who have a fantastic set-up and service. just heard they're closing the Ducati part of the business. What a shame! Lot's of keen offers on all Ducati stuff by the way.

20. Ummm, yes he can and will.

He gets on really well with Snell's.
    Already transferred ownership details for me.

He's going to change the coolant during the service, so no extra cost for me

Do Not Sell My Personal Information