1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New coolant Re-call for multi

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Nik the greek, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Andreas, will all of the re-call issues (since 2010) have been sorted for the 2013 model?

2. The 2013 will have it's very own new ones :biggrin: and 1st gen 1200 owners will ride around feeling smug :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yup!

Skyhook suspension recalls, recall of the new screen design, recall of twin spark head :biggrin:

4. And LED-running lights not working.....:eek: But thats how the autoindustry work theese days:tongue:

5. Paul if wont come ride with me will you at least post a pic of the new pipes :biggrin:

6. Just received my recall letter from Italy today. Strange that they sent them out over a period of months?

Have yet to take the bike out for a good run since service and coolant change so hope it'll be all good when I do. Definitely leaving my bike off the roads with all the salt and other rubbish on the roads. Hopefully by March we may get some good biking conditions for us leisure bikers :smile:

7. Got my recall yesterday but the coolant was changed some months ago during the 15k service

8. Same here. Mine came today but the dealer picked mine up electronically the day it was delivered and it was done weeks ago.

9. Isn't the rear brake 'swap a roo' a recall/upgrade too? Mines being done at the same time as the coolant. 11 plate MST.
    Note; the mechanic doing my rear brake is struggling to bleed it!!!!!!!

10. Rear brake isnt a recall just an update if the rear brake was not sufficient for people as usual everyone suddenly needed it as its free:wink:

11. Got my coolant recall letter today booked in Lagunas next Saturday and they are sorting the rear brake at the same time :upyeah:

12. Got my recall letter today...... Coolant was changed weeks ago....

13. got my letter today

14. Mr Multi-rider...please don't feel unloved...it's just that when I go diving I don't normally take my Ducati with me! :biggrin:
    Must get out again on a run soon. This weekend doesn't look too good, but may be next?

Here is the photo you are looking for. Note you can't see any pipes from the off side.

IMG-20130131-00443.jpg

IMG-20130131-00443.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. I have asked this before .. why are we all getting excited about a coolant recall ? Why cant Ducati have a recall for .. Rubbish back brake , gearbox full of false neutrals , fork seals that blow at 3,000 miles , side stand cut out switch that causes engine to cut out , left hand handlebar switch buttons that intermittently fail to work , a flapper valve in the exhaust that the dealer actually has to disconnect to make the bike rideable at anything over 70 mph , and address a electrical system that drains the battery in a week unless bike is permanantly connected to a optimate trickle charger ,a seat lock that is now falling to bits due to overuse having to remove the seat and charge ythe battery up if I not to mention a chain adjusting tool and method that is not far from useless, unless you buy a owner designed piece of equipment as offered by the always helpfull Andy

16. Dave change the record, it's mighty boring now :rolleyes:

You got a bad one, it happens with every brand, sell it and cut your losses

• Like Like x 3
  17. Have to say, those red hoses look trick, my letter arrived last week so I may swap the hoses out while the bike is ""empty" as it were.

#157 Phartycr0c, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  18. I don't think anyone is getting excited about it,my reason for starting the thread was to raise awareness to other forum members, knowledge is power and all that !
    Yes in an ideal world we would all get an email or letter making us aware

19. Maybe you should all get excited about it? My coolant change at 15k miles developed immediately into a coolant leak from (apparently) around the front head gasket. Just had confirmation 5 weeks after handing the bike over, that the heads are porous and need replacing. Not sure how long it is going to take, but the good news is that even though I have extended warranty, Ducati would be covering this anyway as a "not fit for purpose/recall" issue. Just the heads are being replaced (plus gaskets, coolant and oil/filter), but all the existing cam covers, valves, cams and other gear are being re-used. Bike is an early 2010 and fault appeared only after coolant change. Good on Ducati for standing on though!

20. Hi Aircon
    really nice those tubes....I like it! Was going to suggest we go out today.....but it's peeing down, and I did promise not to take you through the waters again! Am away for the next two weekends, but let's think in terms of the first Sunday in march! Perhaps by then spring would have started to kick in:tongue:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information