1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 New Multi Owner - Hope I Have Done The Right Thing!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by PeterDucati, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Well I have gone and done it, the 1098 has been traded for a Multistrada 1200S Touring D|air. Im sure Im going to grow to love it just as much, but it was sad to see the 1098 in the showroom sat next to a Panigale while I was waiting for the hand over! It did make me think am I doing right?

• WTF WTF x 1
  2. Yes. If you do 20 miles every other Sunday, then no, but otherwise yes. Best bike for serious road using biker. Simples.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 200-300 miles most weekends.
    And during the week if work allows.

Best bike ever....Simples.

4. Well the 1098 took me to Italy and back, so its not as if its just going to be sat around doing nothing! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. But what was it like climbing mountains? If you want to have a good trip to Italy and have fun when you are there, then the Multi is the tool for the job.

6. Only time will tell. I came from a 1098 Trico (albeit 5 years ago now) and tbh, the only thing I miss about the Trico is the lack of depreciation and the Termi exhaust sound.

7. It was great fun! The only thing that's a problem touring on a sports bike is lack of luggage space. I could ride the 1098 all day!
    Don't get me wrong I'm not disappointed, my comments are more a testament to how much I love(d) the 1098 rather than disappointment over the multi.
    I think it will take time to get used to a different riding style and seeing it in the garage instead of the 1098. It's my fourth Ducati so it's just the riding style to get used too.

8. Hi Peter,

Interesting seeing your post - i'm currently considering the Multistrada as a replacement for my 20005 GSXR-750. It worries me that i may not be quite sporty enough as i do like to get the occasional knee down, but i'm finding the GSXR tiresome to ride, our lass doesnt like it too much and for the majority of the time, i think the Multistrada could be the better option. Its just the odd time i want (need?) fun - will it be able to satsify?

Richard

9. Short answer....yes. In spades! :upyeah:

10. Oh yes had mine couple of months I came from sports bikes and had a zzr1400 last year my touring s in sports mode is like .......sex

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. If you want to get your knee down, and you have average length legs, you'll still be able to

My legs are thicker than they are long ;) and I nearly manage it

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. OK here's what you do, next time your out on the multi, stick it in sports mode find an A road with plenty of roundabouts wiz round them in 2nd gear and just as you get the bike upright quickly open the throttle full, don't feather it just wap it fully open in 2nd then 3rd, let it rev to 9k ish in each gear........ then come back to this post and let us know if your going to miss your 1098.

I came from an over tuned R1 and still think the multi is better, and just for the record I have longish legs but still seam to scrape the pegs or my toes before my knee, I know it's going to do it but it still unsettles me.

13. Thanks guys - all sounds good. I'll get the gixxer up for sale and book a test ride on one :)

14. Don't hesitate for one minute!

Its sports bike fun in comfort and the Mrs will thank you for ever!

I came from a Fireblade, and still love brisk sporty riding, all my pals have sports bikes and im always up there with the fast boys!!

15. monday k1300 s and R1 14plate couldn't get away from me and i popped them off a few times and that was in touring mode

16. im 16 stone and wifey is almost the same, on anything else two up work was a pain on the multi no issues at all.

Its a better real world bike for uk roads than a sports bike and the height gives better visability for overtakes.

I went from a honda sp1 to an 04 blade to a z1000 to a cbf1000 and whilst all were good none of them had that bike for all seasons feel I was looking for, first time I rode my multi home was on greasy b roads last november after 10 miles I chucked in sport and apart from two up work it stays in sport.

17. Very fast and very frantic and sadly all over far too quickly - according to the missus? :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information