1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 New Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Richard 1200, Oct 22, 2014.

1. The new Miltistrada is featured in Motor Cycle News today. It suggests it's the only model in the range that will have the DVT engine.
    Completely new, frame, engine, fairing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. March 2015 launch I reckon, I've already put my name down :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Interesting photo:
    Red and looks a new frame, remodelled exhaust, new wheels......
    It would be very surprising to revert back to Ohlins so soon but does look like it.

It's the engine that would really tempt me to make the change from my 2010.
    Let's hope it's at the NEC!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Looks 'heavy' at the front with that low screen and larger bodywork, I always liked to styling of the original, this looks more like a Suzuki or Triumph at the moment...

5. I will get a copy of MCN today as I intend to upgrade my 2013 Skyhook to a new PP in the spring.

But I can't help wondering whether it might be better to try to pick up and 'old' model while waiting for the 2015 edition's inevitable glitches to be sorted out.

I love the styling of the 2014 PP anyway so hope Ducati don't change it too much.

6. Seat looks lower

7. Don't like the crud catcher/number plate holder at the back. It spoils the look of the 1200 monster too.
    Tail tidy reqd.
    Other than that I think the new fairing is a better looking than outgoing model, liking the 999 stylee inlets.

8. Hope not. 2013 seat is perfect height for me

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Didn't someone say the seat was going to be height adjustable ?

10. Looks like some thought has gone into the aerodynamics, which can only be an improvement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bigger fairing and lower seat is good, as is the power and torque increase, but how long before they do the decent thing and give it shaft drive?!?!

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  12. Nooooooooo, pleaaaaseeeee :Arghh::Arghh::Arghh:

This is a sport bike BEFORE being a tourer, and chains will always be preferred for sports :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. I agree with neo.

Show me a Ducati with a shaft drive and I'll show you a horrible hybrid. I've ridden GSes for thousands of miles and test ridden the 1200 Triumph and the ride on both compares very unfavourably with the MTS's

14. Don't know what the answer is ... Crud catcher doesn't look great but then neither did the back of my jacket when riding in the rain after I fitted a tail tidy to my ST.

15. I can't see it from where I sit.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I can't see how adding a shaft drive would make it any less of a sports bike. What do you think it would lose? The BMW K1300S is plenty sporty and a similar drive added to the Multi chassis wouldn't take anything away from the sportiness, surely?

17. Limited personalization (sprockets), added weight, swingarm complexity... There are many reasons.

18. Great, more to go wrong. All it needed was 30mm less height/suspension travel and better quality components and fasteners. Instead it just gets more 'technology'.
    Will it turn out to have the Honda type 'step' in power delivery when the Vtec kicks in. Current model has lovely delivery from low revs.
    Multistrada still the best all round bike out there, should be real bargains to be had for sensible purchasers not blinded by needing the latest shiney thing.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yes the seat has an adjustable range,I believe starting as low as 805 mm, which is very low, upto about where it is now. Along with LED dipped and main beam lights, various accesorry packs to add to the basic model,so you can build your own. I understand a base price of £16000. So it's going to be a price increase from the current model.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information