1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Offroad - Surprisingly Good!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Kempy1978, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Last night I took the plunge and gave in the the peep pressure from my mate on his KTM Adventurer. My Multi has done 4000miles, been a joy, and Ive just relocated back to Cheshire, and live in Bollington - up near the Goyt Valley. We met at 5:00, short road ride up the cat and fiddle, then down to the valley - and off on a 6 mile off road adventure.

I was anxious as i selected Enduro for the first time - but promised myself i would take it steady. The first trail was simple - forest road style, and it did great - even through heavy muddy areas the bike powered through with twitches and slips, but to be expected - right?

The second trail we went up was totally different, and i was instantly worried - but committed. uphill, loose rocks, grass, some pretty big stone/boulders - and a narrowing trail. Fook it, i bought the bike to ride... i powered up, standing the whole time, with only 1 arse twitching moment when i hesitated before an up and over, stopping the front wheel at the base of a big stone, spinning the back wheel, and leaning the bike all the way over as I fought to keep the bike upright.. thankfully didnt drop her, though was close

Once that technical climb was achieved, i thought i could take on anything - and the third and final trail was a faster trail with deep puddles (one massive one!) - was brillint.. totally brilliant..

The bike did so much better on the scorpian trail tyres than me and Chuck both thought. I was lucky I know, and stupid, i know that too - but it was great fun and my Italian lady has lived to tell the tale..

So now to order crash bars - and look at a 2nd set of wheels with proper off roaders on it!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Am guessing youre 6'6 tall lol

Get some vids to calm the naysayers that think this is only a tarmac bike :)

3. You have a friend called Chuck?

4. im 5ft 8 and on the standard seat!.. Yep, Chuck/Charles - rides the KTM...

We both said in the pub after that we should have taken some pic.. will do next time!

5. Not American then :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Amd you can actually touch the floor on enduro?!

7. good on you, never ridden a multi ,but ride off road often, personally would never ride a bike i couldnt pick up off the floor and would prefer if the bike was only a couple of grand as i would be scared of damaging such an expensive bike as yours, if you like green laneing go and spend 2 k on a bike you dont mind scratching lots and dropping ; ) and smaller cc such as 250 to 450cc , heres a few picks of laneing in cornwall

30.7.11 001.jpg

30.7.11 002.jpg

30.7.11 009.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Every time you post pics, I want to do it. On the list for when I move is a trials bike, theres nothing round here so no point

• Like Like x 1
  9. Me too!

Trouble is they've made Oxfordshire an almost a green lane free county so I have to make do with my MTB instead.

10. got a wr400f for the technical bits. ive a 990 adventure. im 5 9 and a struggle to get my feet down well enough off road...so i tend not to stop! and picking up 200 kg soon learns you.

11. OFFROAD with a MTS, no dramas ~ Go, do it..... where most people fail is at the very first inch of the journey, they just dont get that far!

12. Lol

I'll let others post as to why me taking my multi off road may be a bad idea ;)

13. Mad Man! Not a chance (ever) that I'd take mine off road.
    Far better bikes for the job :)

• Like Like x 1

14. Great Pics.. yes I agree - im quite experienced off road (see profile pic, no - i didnt flip it,, :) )

Now that im back in Cheshire/Derbyshire boarder I am looking at the mo - fancy another KLX450 or similar..

The Multi offroad was just a teaser/test of the bikes capabilities - and wasnt done in anger or at pace, i was too frightened to drop it!...

The Multi has resumed normal service on the road - and the search begins for a decent road legal offroader

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information