1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Oil Fill Level.

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by 1976dc, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Has anyone ever seen this or does it only take 500ml to go from one to the other?

I've just had a major panic. About to jump on the bike and thought I'd check the oil. Bike cold . See photo 1.

I nearly had a fucking heart attack or thought I was going nuts. Quickly got the plastic off and got a neighbour and the mrs to check it.

Filled it up and 500mm's later it's at this. See photo 2.

Bikes done 350 miles and I would guess last checked 110 miles ago when it was about 2/3rds across between the markers.

Cheers.

image.jpg

image.jpg

2. yeh checked mine for first time last week was on empty ,put about 250cc I think in a small pop bottle full and it went to full

3. Wow. I've never seen anything like that. I truly panicked. I started it a few days ago to show a neighbour and it took ages to fire and then cut out on its own after a minute. When I saw the glass my mind ran way and jumped to it cutting out and me thinking it had ceased. I had to go running looking for the correct oil. I bunged the oil in and couldn't believe it when I saw it creeping up after 200mls or so.

4. thb mine did see to take a few turns to start recently,

Do Not Sell My Personal Information