1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Postage - Good Rates

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Exige, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Seen a lot of outlandish postage quotes and estimates probably based on the new inflated Post Office Prices or direct with couriers. Very cheap for heavy large items - less than £10 for a couple of bike wheels with tyres.

Try postagesupermarket.com who will pick up from your door - they use TNT DHL Parcel Force etc but have massive discounts. They used to be called Banandoo and had a massive discount from couriers, then started offering it to others outside of their business, they changed their name a few years ago.
    I used them to deliver my car ramps when I had a part time business... try them

a66e0dd9.jpg

TcGDSJ.jpg

c5b1b3b1.jpg

2. Never heard of them before will have a look, I have been using My Hermes, just sent a wheel from the 748 to be straightened at a cost of £8-60 signed for and insured for £250 picked up from home at 60p extra or drop of at any one of many pick up points.
    Steve

3. I've had loads of issues with MyHerpes when receiving as they use local people with their own cars. One was dropping wine off and I was out - he lived in Doncaster and I'm in York. Missed the first delivery - rang his mobile to re direct to my mams address, left 3 messages over three days - no answer. Phoned the company, they tried to re direct back to them to use a proper courier - a week later heard nothing and they turned up at my mams. Shit service - but I guess it varies dependant on if a mollusc is looking after your area.

4. I use parcel2go.com - they are also an aggregater and are really cheap for 3-day overseas parcels.
    I've had quotes of £70,£80+ from DHL/UPS direct and then got the same service for under £20 from them.

5. Sounds similar - these ship world wide including the USA at good rates.

6. I'm not sure how they do it but I think they are a customer of all the couriers and then pass on their high-volume discounted rates, like subcontracting it, so you don't pay Joe Public prices.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I use interparcel. Same idea, works well too.

8. At work we use parcel monkey. They seem good and inexpensive too.

9. Do you pay them peanuts?
    Careful, the animal rights brigade won't be happy.

10. Badoom tsh!

11. I use P4D. Been pretty good so far.

12. Cheap items I use MyHermes

Do Not Sell My Personal Information