1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Rear Light

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by broke, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Went for a spin with mates over the weekend and one of them wanted a go on my Multi. So we swapped bikes, it was the first time for me to see my bike from behind and I must say I wasn't impressed, the rear light assembly including indicators was bouncing all over the place it looked as though it might snap off at any minute. My question is do they all do it or is it just mine and is there a fix for it to make it more rigid.

2. Yeah they all do it, the fix is to add in a washer to each bolt to make the bolts tighten up on the tail unit. AndyW has it shown at his motorcycle info site

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Fitted these myself and they do work a treat!

4. +1 :upyeah:

5. I took the rear tray out and moved the indicators right in, so they don't poke out very much at all, they also don't wobble all over the place now! It was the same for me following my bike and thought it looked shit! Looks so much better now

6. [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kirky had some of the bolts fall out on a run - the tail wobbled around even more then.

8. My god! Your bike is spotless!

9. Bit dusty now after 200 miles round North Devon back roads at the weekend :D

10. Cheers lads thanks for the info and thanks AndyW.

11. Andy,

What do you use to get rid of the burnt gases on the exhaust exit? I have tried allsorts and nothing seems to work.

PPba.jpg

12. Have you tried Autosol Metal Polish? Shifts anything in my experience, use it to clean the chrome tips on my car exhausts.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Wot he said :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Tried autosol, will be more vigorous in its application, thanks.

15. You've got quite a build up there Jim so may take some elbow grease to shift.....as it's carbon based deposit a petrol soaked rag might be worth a try ;-)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. I think he meens the inside edge of the exhaust near the tyre I get a lot of tar on mine considering the roads aren't hot yet, I use a rag with WD40 on it after a while rubbing it it wears off the tar.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Try white spirit while it is still quite warm. I find that works brilliantly on tar spots and exhaust staining.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Paraffin works well too

Do Not Sell My Personal Information