1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Stripe

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TTonup, Dec 17, 2014.

1. hi,, I quite fancy the red stripe which is round the rim on some wheels, usually black ones, thing is i don't know if this is painted on or whither it is some sort of sticker / wrap thingy,,, anyone ??

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. cool how did you do that. :Hilarious::smile:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. fu.k off. proper first giggle of they day magic.:Finger::Hilarious:

4. I have rim stripes on one of my bikes. My view is they they were of an age when stripes were "in" which may have passed, therefore the last bike I built I did not put a stripe on the the wheels. Both wheels were black and I now prefer not to have stripes on the wheels as I think it looks better.

Having said that i would not remove the stripes from my other set of wheels as I am quite happy to leave them there.

5. technology magic. and beyond my free time to learn.
    749 will look no bad with a strip btw.

6. Why don't you do like the monster 796 which has "pin-stripe for 60° of the circumference of the rim which creates a full circle of red when in motion".

7. that's great ET,,( so cool ;) ),, thank you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, do you have a link to how well they stick / stay on,, eg,, can they take a jet wash,, do they need a laquer top coat .. ?

8. A lot better lacquered! Especially on the chain side. The crud thrown off the chain takes some cleaning and starts getting at the edges of the stripe. You could just paint lacquer over the stripes with a small paint brush. A careful hand and you'd never notice.

9. thank you,, good man ;)

10. .........until you change the tyres...............

Do Not Sell My Personal Information