1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Delay My Return Journey For Std Pr4s Over The Pr4 Gts That Are Going On Today?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by JimboP, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Im stuck in Truro and am due to get PR4 GTs fitted today. However I'm reading that the standard PR4 is recommended and the GT is for heavier bikes. Should I delay my trip back to London to wait for a set of std PR4s or won't there be a big difference?

2. It's your money, your choice. Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one.

3. they will be fine, ware them out if your not happy with them replace them with summit else when there done.

4. Kind of what I figured. I'm pretty happy that they'll be fine and I'll be running her heavy some weekends, so will be up to the range of heavy tourers sometimes

5. i suspect you will clock up the miles this year try a different make next time it's the only way you will find out.

6. Well apparently a bmw GS1200 unladen weight is 260kg fully fueled, a multi gt is 245kg and multi S touring is 234kg

So worst case you're 26kg short of the bmw weight but I wouldn't have thought it'd make much difference,

if it helps I could just get my mrs to pack your luggage for you, whatever the baggage allowance is she'll always make sure it runs at 25kg plus ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. I think you're right - I'm intent on getting a load of miles under my belt to build experience/have lots of fun

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lol :) like it

9. You're a new rider, right? Unlikely you will be tearing shreds out of the,, just doing miles and enjoying biking. So why not :upyeah:

10. Brand new. My idea of an extreme corner is 40mph and 15 degree lean angle :)

11. You'll get 15k miles out of those then ;)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Are you swapping the original tyres out already or are they worn out? I hated the originals but just waited until I'd worn them out before swapping. Last set of PR3's did about 8,000 miles before getting squared off and I then got a puncture and decided it was time to change anyway. Might have squeezed another 1,000 out of them

13. I went for a GT rear when I replaced my PR3, figured as I do a lot of two up touring would the right choice

14. Factory Scorpion Trails wore out and punctured hence the Cornwall saga so thought I'd make sure I had the best possible rubber on it. The PR4 GTs are massively confidence inspiring and comfortable. I love them already after 350 miles yesterday.

15. Placebo effect? ;)

16. Possibly but certainly felt more stable than a flat rear Scorpion Trail at 70mph :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. No. THey are way better than the scorpions. Wet or dry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I hated the Scorpions, I could spin them up in a straight line with no effort at all. PR3's have been brilliant, now on PR4's

Do Not Sell My Personal Information