1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone 31st July 2014

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Nelson, Jul 29, 2014.

1. :upyeah:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oh yeah! Giggity Giggity!!

3. certainly got fingers and toes crossed!

4. Had a little panic this morning when I realised my front tyre was worn out and no one local had space to change it before Thursday. Luckily the Yamaha shop was able to squeeze it in if I removed the wheel myself :) nothing like top spec workshop facilities outside the office!! The old bit of rope wasn't in the best condition either.

image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. Fark me

6. Yessssss:upyeah: Who's stopping where or travelling up on Thursday?

7. Riding up thursday may meet Pete at winnal or anyone else whos riding en route up A34. Leaving 0530...be there easy for 0700 ;)

8. Silverstone B&B about a mile and a half from the track. Probably get out of bed about 6:45 and meet Bradders at 7:00 :D. Andy

9. I'll have done 120 miles and be right up for the track by then :D

10. I'll have had some cereal, toast and marmalade and a coffee and be right up for the track as well and I'll be up first because I'm in the intermediates. That is of course if the bike and my kit pass scrutineering. Have a safe journey mate and I'll see you there. Andy

11. There is no scrutineering...mankini at the ready

12. Was gonna ride on the 899 but given X is back running I will take both so stop somewhere the night before despite it being my wedding anniversary:p A man has to have priorities:upyeah:

13. Going up with Matt DWrecker, early start!

14. M4 a34 nelson? Or cross country

15. A420 then up...:upyeah:

16. That's not what my paperwork says. Got no worries about the noise if they do the same as Brands - 5500rpm measured half a metre from the outlet @ 45 degrees. Andy

17. Noise I believe is ride by, no trackdays check your kit

18. Err, A420 is shut apparently for 7 weeks :( Might be a quick nip down the M4 after all as I'm sure the diversion they set up is probably longer tbh.

Yup, I phoned Silverstone after FE had a day I'd booked as a 102db limit. Nice woman told me it's 105 static if you think you are close, or 102 ride by. That's the only limits they ever have there apparently and no mandatory static :upyeah:

19. Just like donington was. Happy days :upyeah:

Well if you head up the A34 at M4 let me know, I'll be passing M4 about 0615 if I get a lick on..

20. A420 is shut between Bourton and just north of Shrivenham. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information