1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ss Forkes

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by mcr998, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Hi All,

As can be seen in my other post (And so it begins...) the forks are in a pretty awful state, so the question is was it only the marzocchi forks that had the damping on one side and rebound on the other, and what visual clues are there other than showa cast on inside of the fork bottoms.

2. The forks on your bike are shows, you can tell by the small nut on the top, both forks will be the same internally. The mazocchi forks can be told apart by painted bottoms, large nut at the top and they have graduates at the top for leveling. I have a set to go onto my junior as the chrome has gone bad on the showa's. it may be worth looking into re chrome, it suprising how bad they can be and still be saved, I will get mine re chromed next year.

3. There are other Marzocchis with the small nut on the top as far as I am aware......I think Duke600SS has them on his......or I'm sure they were on his 600 or his Dad's 750.

Showas damp compression and rebound on both sides.

Non adjustable Showas have a blank adjustment spigot at the rear of the bottom of the legs.

The earlier Showas are fully adjustable.

The Marzocchis can be stripped apart easily with no need to compress the spring etc and no need for a seal driver.........much easier to repair.

If you want to borrow a good pair until you get sorted, just shout.

Frankly, if it's only for road use, a pair of good Marzocchis are perfectly OK (I have them and fully adjustable Showas).

#3 Ghost Rider, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
  4. The reason I'm asking is that there are some 600SS and 750SS forks on the bay of evil that I think I could use

5. Anyone need a Showa compression adjuster ?

6. Sorry Michel they are non-adjustable

7. Some of the ways to tell from photos is that the usual 600 and 750 Marzocchis have a large flat 'nut' on the top of the stanchions whereas the Showa will either have a small 'nut' or a tower containing the upward facing adjuster screw......also the Marzocchis have a series of about five adjustment rings around the top of the stanchion shroud and the Showas don't.

If I'm right about there being another Marzocchi version with the smaller top nut (like the non-adjustable Showas) I'm pretty certain they also had the adjustment rings around the shroud top.

#8 Ghost Rider, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
  8. So I have managed to dismantle the front end and have got confirmation that I have Showa forks, and I think I have found someone who claim they can recondition the forks for about the same price as those on eBay

Anyone used Brook suspension?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information