1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St4 radical project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by PHILLIPO, Aug 18, 2012.

1. I thought I'd put some pics up of my project so far. I'm not far off finishing tbh. Just got the wireing loom in and fitted the HID Headlight. Waiting on some brake lines,nuts and bolts to come at the mo.
    I'll post more pics once the bits come. Enjoy
    ST STRIP DOWN 001.JPG damper,exhaust,light str 002.jpg FRONT FAIRING AND HUB 004.JPG st casing 002.jpg

ST STRIP DOWN 001.JPG

damper,exhaust,light str 002.jpg

FRONT FAIRING AND HUB 004.JPG

st casing 002.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. st frame painting 002.jpg st frame painting 001.jpg

st frame painting 002.jpg

st frame painting 001.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looking good. Does that headlight have hi-lo beams?

4. Thanks guys. It has one lamp with a shutter inside which open and closes. There's also a side light ring around the outside. It comes as a kit to retro fit into a cars headlights. I am having a few problems getting replacement bulbs which I've been quoted £89 each but I think I've found a supplier that can do a pair for £40 thank god.

5. Here you go I found a better pic for you.
    HID HEADLIGHT.jpg

HID HEADLIGHT.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wiring loom is now back in. Everything checked and working. Exhaust on next and then oil in and fire it up.
    project st end 003.jpg project st end 004.jpg project st end 005.jpg

project st end 003.jpg

project st end 004.jpg

project st end 005.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  7. Good to see Phillipo!!

How is the projector lamp? Any more info? Interesting build thread, keep the pics coming.

Pablo

8. Hi Pablo,
    Lamp is good. What I would say though if you are thinking of fitting an HID kit. Don't buy the replacement kit for a car headlight. What I've found is you can't get replacement lamps to fit. I'm having to retro fit a lamp out of another listed car. And the lamps can cost from £20 up to £90. I got to say though, It will burn holes in the back of cars when I approach from the rear. lol.

9. Steering damper fitted. Exhaust fitted. Rear brake line fitted. New choke cable fitted. Just got to fit the clutch now.
    PROJECT DAMPER EXHAUST FIT 001.jpg PROJECT DAMPER EXHAUST FIT 002.jpg

PROJECT DAMPER EXHAUST FIT 001.jpg

PROJECT DAMPER EXHAUST FIT 002.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Love the look of the exhaust, have you got one off headers, or standard?

Duke

11. I cut the headers off and welded new sections from there. Just made brackets for mounting all the relays and fuses under the seat pan.
    SCOTLAND TRIP 007.jpg

SCOTLAND TRIP 007.jpg

12. That's looking really nice, looking forward to seeing more progress.

13. Looking good, I can't wait to see the finished article:upyeah:

Take a little more time over the photographs Phillipo, you'll want a decent record of the build once it's done, so it's worth putting a little effort into it.

14. Finally got the slipper clutch in and working.I want to get some red spring caps for it just to balance the red colour out a bit. Picked up some nice pegs too from M&P's. Managed to get all the wiring hidden behind and under the nose cone along with the HID wiring loom which was a pain in the arse. Also fitted the screen so now it's spray booth time. I've started preping the tank (pics soon) which is looking good. I can see allot of works needed on the nose cone but it's all in the preperation with spraying.
    st pegs 004.jpg st pegs 005.jpg

st pegs 004.jpg

st pegs 005.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Phillipo seen your other thread. The tail end you made is identical to Yamaha r125 new one :)

I now see how the nose cone will fit so should be good, just need to figure out light arrangements.

16. Started spraying the tank at last. Needed allot of prep work, wet and dry sanding and a bit of filler along the joints which you can see on the pics. I'm using a acid primer first so theres no problems with the differant colours I'll be using. So this is the first step. Fingers crossed!!
    tank spraying 001.jpg tank spraying 005.jpg tank spraying 006.jpg

tank spraying 001.jpg

tank spraying 005.jpg

tank spraying 006.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. why are you using a plastic etch primer on carbon?

18. Because this is what I was advised to do. There's a coat of resin on the carbon which would react with the paint. Also I'm having some sections clear so you can see the carbon fibre through the lacquer..I'm no sprayer so I'm doing exactly what I'm told by a local spray shop.:biggrin:

19. Phillipo, you don't need it. The paint won't react with the carbon or the resin and will stick to it just fine providing you have prepared the surface adequately. No matter, you've got the advice and are following it so at least if something goes wrong they will be able to rectify it. Lovely job.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information