1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Tank Bags

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Pavey, Oct 31, 2014.

1. As my Streetfighter was stolen i still have a few bits left over, one being the DP Tank bag that straps onto the tank.

I'm leaning towards a 1098 or 1198, does anyone know if these bikes take the same fitting, or do they have the fitting that attaches round the fuel filler you then clip to (i seem to remember hearing that they do)?

Thanks

2. Wow - hadn't realised your SF was robbed. Sorry to hear that.

Cant help with the tank bags as I've never used them (backpack for me) but I'd go 1198 every time!

3. A couple of weeks ago from outside my work.

Still, only a piece of metal and the insurance company have been very good, getting paid out next week.

Why do you think Matt 1198? Due to the extra capacity? I'm inclined to agree but they are more money it seems than a 1098s.

4. Don't know if they fit but tbh I don't like the tank bag on the 10/1198 as it just gets in the way. Tail pack and or back pack, kriega of course:upyeah:

Sorry to hear about your sf, the scumbags.

I've had both 10/1198 and if you can get one the 11 is the daddy, got to be an s or sp for rarity.

5. Extra capacity and for the extra umph the 1198 has in its midrange. Scary and immensely fun. I almost had a 1198 but went for the 1098 SF for the comfort!

Glad the insurers are playing nice. Its a grim thing to suffer the theiving fuckers (scumbag robbers and the insurance companies)!

6. Thinking i may go for an 1198S, maybe in the new year now. Might chop my 749 for it aswell as no point in having two sports bikes i don't think.

I was using a Kriega on the SF aswell dukeman, i lost the connectors as they were on the bike when it went. Still got the bags luckily. Phew.

7. To answer your question, yep, assuming the tank bag has the same three point (two strap one bolt fixings) the tankbag will fit a 1098 tank

8. Thanks Matt. I believe the 1098 version has one fixing at the front of the seat, mine has two there, either side of the middle. Off to the Classifieds with it i think.

Cheers.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information