1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Termignoni System Fitted

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by magpie21, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Had my full system fitted and rode it the 10 miles home earlier. I have to say WOW what a difference. Even in the short ride home the low down power increase is instantly noticeable. I've never experienced such a difference fitting a system to a bike or car before and I'm grinning from ear to ear. I haven't tried it in town riding it was just country road riding on the way back but the difference really is remarkable. On full throttle the bike just wants to wheelie and the front wheel feels like its constantly floating. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing yet and I may need to soften the rear to try and soak it up a bit. Either way for the money spent I'm well chuffed :)

2. Mmmm , i thot there would be a photo

3. I know, sorry :Facepalm: Was dark when I got back so will try and get some added over the weekend

4. Welcome to my world :) You will get used to it and learn to control it trust me.
    I am asuming you are only talking 1st and 2nd gear? you wait it will do the same in 3rd and 4th :upyeah::D

5. Always enjoyed mine , I real buzz of full system , even bigger one with the 12

6. Obv not critisisning the panny , as an averall package it does look the dogs danglies but i dont really like the look of the exhaust system ,, somewhat bitty and out of place ...( just my opinion )

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. Magpie,
    Termig or Akra?
    Had my termig on bike from last year ( new )not bike.
    Feel like it's just starting to sound nice now it's had some miles on it.:)

8. Termi

here's a few pics for those who've been asking. Doesn't really make much of a difference to the aesthetics which is a shame considering how much you spend

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes my friend, but always remember that it's only an exhaust pipe, a tube to let out the smoke, a chimney, not an artwork. This too is only my opinion and therefore of no consequence:Muted:

10. I trust the original poster of this discussion has had the full Up Map loaded too. I'm in no position to compare differences in performance as, once run in, I had the Up Map loaded by the garage at it's first service..... they did it free of charge, so I only know the bike as it is now, Termi's and all. It is rather loud and as a previous contributor suggested, it wheelies just by increasing the throttle in the first four gears. I'm not keen on wheelies as they grate with my mechanical sympathies, but just floating the front will ensure maximum traction at the rear, so not averse to that.

11. Yes floats like a butterfly but stings like a thousand bad tempered steroid taking hornets on a bad day

12. I wouldn't want to be learning them by bashing a Panigale but nothing wrong with wheelies if they're brought down softly :) I bought an enduro and a trials bike simply because wheelies are so much fun! The trials bike in particular is utterly ridiculous, you spend most of the day in a stand up wheelie with a big grin!

13. Yes getting used to it now, on the ride home from having them fitted lifting the front wheel off the throttle in fourth took me by surprise. Got a trackday booked at Silverstone on Tuesday so will see how it does in it's natural environment!

14. Best get noise level checked you might need your DB killers in :)

15. ha, yes I'm packing them, will see how I get on 1st ;)

16. By way of a confession, I discovered my bike's propensity to heft it's front wheel early in my ownership. Being a reasonably fast rider, making 'progress' so to speak and still very much learning what my new toy could do, I made what was intended to be a planned and safe overtake. Gently Bentley in 1st and 2nd, up to the laggardly motor car blocking my progress and into 3rd at about 6000 revs. Progressive throttle opening, building up speed, indicate for the overtake, hit 8000 rpm....... m'bike goes ballistic and I nearly smack my chin-guard on the fuel cap. Ooops ! The car driver looked a mixture between crapping himself and furious.... I had shut the throttle and landed with a smack, slowed down rapidly and was pacing aforesaid car but on the wrong side of the road.... and by now a previously distant lorry was bearing down upon me. I pulled in behind the car and somewhat sheepishly remained there for the next three miles until our ways parted. Oh dear, I really am a very silly old man indeed. :Eggonface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information