1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted Black Sport Classic

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by K5tealth!, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Hi there,

Appreciate I am clutching at straws here, but I have been looking for a Black Sport Classic (ideally Biposta) for months and I cannot find one. If anyone has one they are thinking of selling or knows where I might find one - please let me know.

Kind regards

David

2. Interesting GT just gone up on ebay ....

3. I am really looking for a Sport 1000, but that GT is very nice!

4. I don't understand why somebody who is trying to run a business doesn't bother to check the text of their adverts. The poor punctuation & spelling doesn't mean they don't know their way around bikes, but doesn't impress with their attention to detail:

2007 DUCATI GT1000 SPORT CLASSIC, HAILWOOD REP (57 PLATE) | eBay

Here we have for sale a great example of the DUCATI GT1000 2007
    This bike has undergone a complete transformation from ducati gt to sport classic, the bike has been fitted with genuine ducati parts inc petrol tank, rear seat, rear seat hump, top yolk, and clip-ons, also the bike has a colour coded rear hugger and shortened front mudguard, then to complete the café racer look the bike has been fitted up with full mike hailwood livery making it a real cool looking bike, this bike needs seeing to appreciate the awesome lines, the bike comes with all keys, books and v5 and is in fantastic condition, if its a rare, cool looking ducati café racer your looking for this bike wont disappoint, come and take a look, any questions email or call dave at JEM SPEED SHOP on 07966274275, have this bike delivered, px considered, full dealer facilaties

Ok I'm being pedantic, but I'm very careful when faced with parting with a significant amount of money.

The bike still sports the standard chrome/steel GT1000 wheels & the GT1000 silencers, so is hasn't undergone a full transformation to Sport Classic 1000. Sports Classic 1000s had black silencers & alloy rims.

As for the 'Mike Hailwood livery', IMHO the bike might sell quicker in standard livery.

Buyer beware?

#4 Rudolph Hart, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  5. Don't know about the mhr paint job...there's one listed over here.2008/red/18000 kms/14400 aud/0430 028 844.Plus shipping if you are that keen.Good luck.

Maybe he had the munchies while writing that rudolph :)

6. You just know if you inquire about those MHR thingy's you'll get the usual response:

'they've come from a private collection, the previous owner had loads of Ducati's, Ferrari's .......' yeah, yeah heard it all a thousand times.

I think dealers are pushing the prices of SC's up, a nice PS just sold on ebay privately for £9200. I slightly tatty one sold by a dealer the week before for £11500, or so we're lead to believe !!

7. I saw Mike Hailwood race a Ducati, and it didn't look like my GT1000!

As Pete says, maybe the guy had the munchies when he wrote the advert.
    Or perhaps his kid did it for him? ;)

8. Sellers are indeed a strange breed sometimes. I contacted the seller of the red mono that is currently on ebay.

My (I believe) polite enquiry:

Hi,
    Could I please ask how much you are looking for?
    Kind regards
    David

His (smart a@#e) response:

"I'm selling it for as much as I can get"

Maybe I am cutting my nose off to spite my face, but I have got to the age (and financial means) that I just don't need to deal with people like this.

The search continues...

9. but to be fair ebay attracts a lot of time wasters , maybe ask for his number for a proper chat

10. Agreed - I have had to deal with my fair share in the past!

However, I don't think it is right (as a seller) to assume everyone is a time waster and speak to them as such. When I made contact I had already bid on his bike, so it was clear I wasn't messing around.

It seems to me that some sellers seem to think they are the ones doing the favour and buyers should be lucky to be able to buy their bike.

11. Have you considered this one if you're after a biposto ? albeit not in black.

Ducati SPORT CLASSIC 1000S | eBay

Sure you can knock them down a bit as been for sale a while, get them to service it and it's got the Termi's. The 1000S is the rarest of the SC's.

If you don't like the fairing lowers bet you could sell for a couple of hundred pounds.........

12. Hi Tricolore,

Yes, have seen this one and it does look nice. I am really looking for an un-faired bike (i.e. non-S), but I was wondering whether I could convert this (probably sacrilege, I know) but I think it would expose where the fairing is screwed to the tank.

13. I've seen PS's with the fairing taken off but to convert to a proper Mono is a massive, expensive job, the tank on the S is a different shape at the bottom for the fairing to attach to for a start. This is still a good bike though and Snells are top dollar and you can guarantee it will be right.

You'll be after one of these then:

[​IMG]

Don't get me started - I PX this for £3500 back in 2008 - Who'd of thought then what they'd be worth now.

14. Yes - spot on!

Agreed - I got offered one a few years ago with Ohlins forks and shocks (and a set of carbon BST wheels) for £5,800!

My worry is that these are all now tucked up in private collections and are not getting used.

15. Not all of them! I ride my GT1000 every week. It's just so nice to ride. :upyeah:

16. Me too and you forgot to add they sound as good.No disrespect to 1000s people the bikes look stunning and i lusted after a yellow one with banana swingarm for months.After years of riding firmly set up jap fours i thought i could handle the 1000s,alas i was dreaming and felt like i needed a walking frame after an hour on one.The price of getting older perhaps or do other people find it the same.The gt 1000 i can ride all day.

K5 did you bother with the one here in aus or was it too expensive?

17. How about getting that one ( Snells ) sprayed black, that would look pretty cool with the red frame :)

18. Mines used and abused all year round and very dirty at the moment, rather spend time riding it than cleaning it, but yes it does hurt after about 80 miles or so.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information