1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waterproofing Spray

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by SP4S, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Need to recoat my winter jacket, in fact I have never done it but have been informed that it should be done regularly.

Can anyone recommend a spray as I have no idea what's good.

All advice greatly appreciated.

2. I use tent spray. Seems to work on textile

3. Nik Wax do separate wash-in and spray-on products that I've used for years with great success.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Nik Wax for me also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Someone in one of the bike shops I went into looking for something to use on my textile jacket said the NikWax wash in stuff is better than the spray on stuff as you're less likely to miss a bit and it soaks in better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Nik wax is certainly getting the thumbs up guys.

On another note, I thought about getting myself a new jacket and always fancied a Rukka, the all singing to of the range is £1500.

It fitted like a glove and felt it would last forever.

7. I use a van when its wet!

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. I could also, bit it would take me 2 hours to get to work in London and costs £38.00 a day to park.

Bike takes 35 mins and FREE, I can put up with a bit of rain

9. I've got a Rukka matti jacket ,cost £500 and worth every penny,cant recommend enough....totally waterproof ,the only jacket I've ever had that does what it says on the tin......and no,i don't work for them.;)

10. I can believe it, that must be the basic model as all the ones I have seen are way above that.

Have been thinking of going to the NEC show to see if I can pick one up there.

Anyone been, any bargains to be had? Esp waterproof clothing

11. Yes it was the base model,the higher spec kit is VERY expensive,good luck with trying to find one at the NEC....

12. Nik Wax. used it all my biking life. Nothing better.

13. A few friends have had Rukka gear with mixed results. They seem to either leak like a sieve or work perfectly. They did replace the leaky two jackets without hassle but that was no use to a friend when we were half way through a 7 hour ride home in the rain, and he was soaked through (he got it ripped out of him for being flash when all our jackets kept us bone dry and ranged from a £25 over-jacket to a £150 Richa jacket). In my experience textiles have come on massively and there's little reason to pay silly money anymore.

14. Used Nik Wax for years on my old Dienese Suit, looked at Rukka suits earlier in the year,
    Suit I was looking at was nudging the 2 Bags Mark,then was advised to look at the
    Halversons Range.
    Bought there Top Suit for around £800, gotta say absolutely superb,can't fault it,been caught
    Out a couple of times in proper Rain & it just repels the Water, so no heavy 2 tonne jacket & a
    Week to dry out. Brilliant

15. If you're willing to spend that much, seriously consider the Touratech Companero. It's even better and has a 10 year warranty.

16. I prefer this to nikwax...

Daytona water stop

Works on leather and textiles (especially good on leather), is very easy to use, and lasts really well.

17. Not heard of Daytona water stop, better than nic wax?

18. Depends on your preference. I think it's easier to use - you just wipe it on and let it dry naturally - and it works a treat.

19. How about 1 piece armoured textile oversuit, so work clothes underneath? Mcn fella had one on at that multi meet but cant find it anywhere referenced

20. Are you still using nik wax wash in stuff? Anyone found any other winter wonder product?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information