1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome to the new look Ducati Forum

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by Rob, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Hi. Thanks for the feedback. There's a 'Post New Thread' button at the top eighth of each forum. Not sure what you mean with the other things though. Can you elaborate? Always happy to see if I can make it better.

Rob.

2. Oooo this is very nice though I do like tapatalk
    Now to negotiate the site :)

3. Oh I'm a new member :mad:

4. Only just found you all, thought it had gone for ever.
    And i am now a new member.

5. Sorry to say I agree, too much of a sea of white. I did prefer how it was before both in look and function

6. Fixed.

7. Thank you

8. Rob,

Can I just say thanks for all your efforts to complete this thankless task, and deal with the non stop complaints and glitches!

I think that it looks fine now generally, I am neither a huge fan nor detractor, but I appreciate the forum for the ease with which we can all stay in touch and for that I am grateful.

There continue to be irritating adverts both in the banner and also in the middle of other people's posts, but I am sure you or someone will learn how to kill that in time.

But otherwise a big thanks from me.

I guess we all owe you a beer when we see you at some point, so you are going to be tipsy for a while now!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. I have to agree with Cham on this. Considering the amount of data involved and us grouchy lot I think you done an absolutely marvelous job, and there have been very few glitches. Those that have occurred have been solved very quickly.

I'll stand you a virtual pint at the bar;)

10. Logged in just fine but now cant see anything and keep getting 404 error messages when clicking on links ??

11. Which links Gary?

12. Hi Rob , the ones on the home page , I had to go to your alert to get back into the forum

13. I've been demoted.
    Before the change I was a 'Senior Member', now I am an 'Active Member'

14. Aesthetically, it is an improvement, but I have a couple of comments.

1. If the font size can be increased for quoting other people's posts, it would be good. They are currently written small in grey italic on a bluish background - not super legible.
    2. I liked it on the old forum where I could just click on Settings on the home page, and it instantly took me to a page of all the threads I had contributed to which contained new stuff. Unless I am doing something wrong, I now need to load the home page, click on "Forum" and then click on "Watched threads" to get the same result. The watched threads don't just contain new stuff. The list is made unnecessarily longer by a load of other things that I don't need to attend to, because I am already up to date.
    3. Did the Groups survive, and if so, where can I find them?
    4. Ads do seem to appear all over the place, not just at the top and bottom of pages. This can make things a little cluttered and confused.

All in all, it's fine, but then as I said, I was perfectly happy with the old one. I like the multiple opinion buttons, but I now don't know where to look to get my personal "customer feedback". Until I find that, it's a retrograde step.

15. Also the little flag icon for alerts is a bit of a waste of time. The alerts are really just so much spam telling me what is going on, rather than anything I need to be aware of.
    I get so many communications in my email from companies who think it's OK to talk to me several times a week, that I don't want the Ducati forum to seem like a chore with a raft of stuff I should be keeping up with. This is the stress of the information age. Sadly, this new look does drift slightly in that direction. The flag function would have been handy if it just told me which of my posts had elicited some sort of feedback (an opinion button clicked, or a post of mine quoted).

I'm a bit horrified to see that I seem to be about the second most active member after El Toro, but strangely, the apparent complexity of the new look is having the effect of my wanting to contribute less. Sorry about that, but currently that is the case.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Hi Glid - thanks for the feedback. Everything you have mentioned can be altered to suite your preference, or achieved in another way.

Alerts:
    Can be turned off. Hover over alerts, then Alert Preferences.

Watched Threads:
    Hover over your user avatar next to alerts and this menu will appear with quick links to watched threads, amongst other options.

I will take a look over the other things and get back to you :)

Rob.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Rob the odd size adds have sorted themselves.

• Thanks Thanks x 1

18. The fields are not defined. IMO vbulletin is a great format. So simple.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information