1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Can I Order A Socket For The Rear Wheel Of My 2012 Multi S Touring?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by JimboP, Jul 29, 2014.

1. I'm at a bike shop in Camborne and I'm hoping they will be able to get hold of a socket to take my wheel off and change the tyre (when they arrive). They have advised me to carry the right socket with me in case I have this problem again. Any ideas where to get one and what the specification is?

2. Spoke to Ducati and I've ordered a 55mm 12 point socket for the future but now we need one for today. Nightmare!!

3. the tyre place must have one surely or know where to borrow.

4. No one in the area has one (tyre places, HGV places, tool shops). Stuck :(

5. have you tried GT Motorcycles in Plymouth? Ducati dealers

6. Just have and they have the socket :) Next we're going to try repairing the puncture so that I can ride to Plymouth...

• Like Like x 1
  7. ai always carry one on the bike.

Oberon is the brand. Think I found it on ebay...

8. We eventually borrowed one from a local engineer having failed at all local bike, car, HGV, tool shops, etc. Got on the road at Camborne at 17:00 and got home to Fulham at 00:30. My own socket is now on order from Amazon and will never leave my bike!!

9. Hmm think I should get myself one of these as well after yesterdays front tyre change outside the office.

10. Mine is a Draper and was £18.19 on Amazon.

11. You have now discovered the importance, nay necessity, of carrying with you (a) a really good puncture repair outfit and (b) a 55mm bihex socket. Pity you had to find this out on your first big ride, and by hard experience. Still, you will know for the future and you are not likely to forget. By the way, so long as you are carrying those things you are unlikely ever to need them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yes, you will only ever need it in desperation when you leave it at home.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bloody hell, never even crossed my mind. Ordering as I type.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Oberon ones are not strong enough. You really need to find a stainless one. I got one on ebay a few months back now. Does both front and rear sockets in one.

15. Don't buy an Oberon, they might as well be made of cheese. I bought this one from the US

16. Get a 55mm socket in 3/4 inch drive plus a 3/4-to-1/2 inch adapter to carry with you. Then keep a 3/4 inch breaker bar in the garage, and you can also use any 1/2 inch drive bar, handle or torque wrench on the road. That's what I have, anyway.

17. That's what I have, great socket, used it several times, no probs!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information