1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Has Been To The Nec

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by iang27, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Still debating whether to go to the NEC tomorrow.
    There will be nothing there for my bike so it will basically be going to look at the bikes.

Has anyone been yet and are the stands mainly selling the stuff no one wants, lots of cheap clothing etc.

There is only two of us going so works out pricey so don't know if to not bother and buy something I want online for the bike instead.​

2. I've been yesterday. Worst one I've been too for tat being sold. And it seemed smaller than every other year as I'd done by 2pm. Ducati , Aprilla, and Ktm were worth a look. H2r looked good too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Glad I havent planned to then

4. Did you spot any deals on helmets Dom? I'm looking at going next weekend

5. I was looking a a agv corsa or pista. They cheaper in local bike shop.

6. I've been to the NEC.

They had a brand new bike from Honda, the CBR900RR Fireblade. It looked great.

7. Me and a few friends are going Sunday last day of the show, I was hoping to get a bargain on a Shoei Helmet.

8. Just got home from the show. Not the biggest I have seen, still enough to see for 4-5hours. Highlights for me.
    The scrambler looks better in the flesh than in pictures.
    The Herald 250cc at £2755 on the road look a great winter hack or play bike, but the undoubted star for me was the Kawasaki.

Never been a fan of the green but this is another level....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I was there yesterday, first time as its a bit far to go but as I had something on in London I managed to get to this on the way back home. Took a few hours to get around, watched a short talk hosted by James Whittam with Shakey and Ellison which was okay. Not too impressed with the Ducati scrambler, the 1299 is nice and I did spot an MV 800rr dragster on a private stand which is a really cool bike IMO. Lots of trade stands not too sure on how much a saving you would make on the stuff though.

10. Thinking about going down on Sunday. Not after anything in particular though.

11. Just got back - it was a free day out so can't complain , you get to see most of the manufacturers bikes under one roof, not many places you can do that on a rainy Sunday . Wasn't too busy , the Kawasaki was pretty awesome , Wantz liked the R1M and barted a good deal on an AGV. I bought nothing but liked the EBR . Ducati stand was all about marketing - new stroodle looked ok , nothing that made me go oooh though , got to sit on the Tuono, didn't feel comfortable too much reach. Shame no MV stand , plenty of tat but nothing much new

BMW stand was the busiest ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Going tomorrow :)

13. Going Tuesday. This will be my first because I've just moved here this year. Hoping to score a new helmet or some gear if they have some for cheap. Also, I want to see the new Scrambler and R1 in person.

14. Im only going to check out the clunge

• Like Like x 6
  15. I was thinking of a new lid, quite liked the look of the Bell M6 but heard a couple of crap opinions on them.
    Don't think I would get a helmet any cheaper than I can find on the net.
    We're they doing cheap deals or nothing startling.

16. You'll be disappointed, less lycra this year and more jeans.....it's ok if your not on a camel toe safari

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. I did the Excel centre in Feb this year I hope the stalls are going to be better.
    There were so many cheap stalls at the Excel show sort of thing you'd expect to see at a Sunday morning market.

18. Spooky, I was there today too and was looking for the MV stand and thought, hmmm, Char would be a bit annoyed !

• Like Like x 1
  19. A few years ago the ExCel show was pretty good, but it has gone rapidly downhill and recently has been rubbish. I don't plan to go again. The NEC show has held up a bit better - perhaps.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I did the Excel 3 years on the trot and yeah watched it get worse every year, I have never done the NEC its a first for me so I am hoping it will be ok :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information