1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100DS Multi Error 19.2

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by adieboy, Mar 1, 2014.

1. 2003 Multi, engine mangement light comes on and then shows 19.2 error, (starter contactor cc gnd or open c, short circuit to battery or open circuit) battery draining and then non starter...common problem? can I repair or do I need to leave in in for repair?

2. 19.2 Starter solenoid short-circuit to ground

• Like Like x 1
  3. pick one up off ebay

4. I take the solenoid is faulty and requires replacing?

5. Could be.........change the cheapest things first is my plan.

The error code thing is not precise....just gives you a general area to start your investigations, if you are an electronics wiz maybe you know the expected resistances etc.....but me not so I replace stuff.

Maybe you disconnecting, cleaning and reassembling will do it.
    It is fairly easy to get to ... mounted just in front of the battery...the roundish thing with two big cables running to it, 10mmA/F nuts holding them on.

#5 Android, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Have done the take off all cables from starter, solenoid and earth, cleaned and inspected before replacing. All looking good, battery charged to full, error code still showing but will run today and report back...thanx...:smile:

7. Well got the bike going and out for a run and all appears good. Error code has gone and the bike appears to want to start again and again. Thanx to all for their help...you see, forums are not just about comparing and criticizing, there are times when they and their members can make the difference to numbties like me...:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Pleased for you that all is now well. Hopefully some good weather round the corner so you can enjoy some good rides instead of having to strip the bike down so much!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well, all is not good again!!! Out today and bike although started good at first, the starter just turned and no more, not enough to start the bike. Got her home and am thinking solenoid but not sure, fault 19.2 back, what next? Battery good...:mad:

10. Has to be either the solenoid or the starter motor. Can the brushes be checked/changed on your bike? Someone else on here probably knows more.

Are you certain that the battery is good? Sometimes they pass all the tests only for the voltage to drop to the floor when trying to start.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Well the battery is less than 1 year old and is hitting top at the moment, I think the fault lies between it and including the starter...There could be a short in the system but will wait until someone with a bit more knowledge hopefully responds...
    Thanx and watch for updates hopefully very soon...

12. As I understand it here, it started well but later when you tried to start it ...it turned over less well, maybe the battery is not getting charged. the sockets from the alternator to the regulator/rectifier and then to the loom are not waterproof.

My bike stopped charging, contacts were badly corroded.....in fact had turned to powder :eek:

maybe run an extra earth lead to the front cylinder block

#12 Android, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Took the rectifier off and unplugged what was left of the terminals...corroded into dust. Dispensed with old connectors and renewed all, added ACF50 to joints and put together, all appears good, starting with no hesitation now, keeping fingers crossed though. Thanks again to all including Andriod for the lead...:p

14. Glad you found the cause......hope you have a few more miles now with out the bother.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information