1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1098 Engine Going Cheap(er)

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by chizel, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1098 sfs engine and 748r frame.
    with great regret I am looking to sell the above as I have had the parts for several years and the likelihood of me using em is sadly very slim!
    bought the engine in 09 with 207 miles on it, it has been stored since and is in as new condition. It is the one with carbon covers and mag cases and comes complete with starter motor, coils, throttle bodies and 1098 sfs wiring loom (which I believe is complete) it is however minus the complete clutch assembly but I'm sure anyone embarking on a project would probably get a slipper in there anyway!
    the frame is an 03 748r and comes with numbered top triple no 883. It was a uk bike but was exported to the Netherlands before I bought the frame back to the UK. It has the UK v5 and plate but I believe it needs re-reg in the uk if to be used on the Rd.
    no need to tell yoal what a great project this is! I'm looking for sensible offers around £2500.00 and with the few engines on eBay going for around this money with alot higher mileage and not with the carbon etc, I believe with frame this is a good price. Please ask if any more info is needed.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Wow, sounds like a great base for a project

3. it is! You know you need it!:upyeah:

4. Why couldn't this be next year!!!!

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji24] [emoji24]

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. buy now build next year!

6. I can build anytime. Just can't free up the funds until may [emoji12]
    Saw you at the sausage in your yellow top the other weekend just didn't get chance to say hello.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

7. yea that was me yellow top yellow as. Shame I missed ya. Shame also I cant wait till may! only selling as I need £ very soon, which is gutting as in a few months I'll be ok...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. Your local to mk aren't you? I'm not far away. GLWS mate shame you have to sell. I haven't a clue what I want to build next. It's time I did another for myself.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

9. I'm in west london

10. Hi Chiz, are you prepared to sell the frame separately ? No problem if not, just my negotiations on a 748R frame for my track bike have stalled and I can't get the seller motivated. Andy

11. Hi, if the above forumite is interested in the frame, I'd be interested in the engine. Are you willing to split?

12. £1250 for each ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. its quite possible guys.. The only reason for wanting to sell as a package as I think it more attractive and most likely to get me the monies I need! But please do pm me with offers. I do really want and need to achieve the price ovno in pretty quick order as if it fails and I have to get funds other ways the need to sell will disappear!

14. bald.png

• Like Like x 1
  15. bump bump

16. frame now sold :)upyeah: Andy)
    looking for 2 k for engine, throttle bodies and loom.

17. Just curious, what will this fit into bearing in mind the SF has a sss? Does it go straight into the 748 frame?

I made the mistake of buying an S4RS engine to drop into my 749 (after being told it would fit straight in) but have since found out it's wider at the rear (due to the swing arm bearings).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Goes into a 748 frame...:upyeah:
    IMG_3001.JPG IMG_0641.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  19. it"ll go into a 999 frame

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information