1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098 Headlight Not Working

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Robarano, Jan 17, 2017.

1. I replaced the headlight relay in the 1098R last year after it stopped working. It would flash with the flasher button but both dipped and main beam were not on in normal running.

Bike is going in for a service and MOT next week, so I got it out and started it up on Sunday to check everything. Same thing has happened. Has anybody else had this problem reoccur?

I'm not bothered about changing a £5 relay every now and then, it's the full nosecone off job I can't be bothered with.

2. Best get rid quick (PM me :Angelic:) - pesky bike. @Duke of Stow might know.

3. Deal, give me a bag of Wotsits for it.

4. Half a bag :)

5. I'll give you a full bag of wotsits and either a bag of space invaders or pickled onion monster munch lol

6. He's playing hardball Exe :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. It's not worth that :Wideyed: it's a con :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Damn, I've been caught out. I was hoping to snare one of you. :Arghh:

9. Not had the problem, but it's 99% the relay again (the only other culprit would be the dash :Nailbiting:.........................pretty certain its not).

The flash function doesn't use the relay, that's why it works

Probably nout special about the relay, consider installing a heavier rated version? May be a possibility

10. Cheers OJ

I actually bought 4 of them when it happened last year as the fans and something else use the same relay, but these are beside the battery box. I carry a spare under the seat.

I'll replace it again and look into a heavier duty one. :upyeah:I hope it's not the dash, but I do have a spare.

Stick your Wotsits @Exige , I'm keeping her now OJ has come to the rescue. :p

11. Gawd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm for it

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Ah well, at least I've still got my wotsits :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hey, every cloud and all that. I like the cut of your jib, you should tutor the duke in positivity. :)

14. Well, I've been procrastinating for a few days, but had to get in the garage today and sort this headlight as the bike is in for a service and MOT this week. :(

90 mins later and it's working. :)
    • T'was the headlight relay.
    • 2 min job to replace. 90 min job to remove and refit the fairings and nose cone to get at the blighter. :mad: What a stupid place to site it.
    • It was a brand new relay last year.
    • If it happans again, I'm going to fabricate a bracket to bring the relay around behind the dash so it can be changed without removing bodywork. :upyeah:
    IMG_4982.JPG

IMG_4976.JPG

IMG_4973.JPG
    IMG_4974.JPG
    IMG_4979.JPG
    IMG_4983.JPG

• Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks Cookie :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. On a random note and just out of interest, when i had dash problems on my 848 last year resulting in multiple nose cone removals. I found you can undo the top fairing bolts and remove the nosecone without having to take the side panels off too..

Just thought it'd be worth a mention :)

17. Clean machine...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mate, who taught you to put things on the floor, however clean it is ? Little pots and boxes and put your tools away every time you have finished with it. Get some discipline man :D. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. At least he's got them in neat little groups...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information