1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Sf Exhaust Opinion

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Ryan, Jun 27, 2016.

1. What's everyone's thoughts on exhausts for the 1098 SF is the termis the be all and end all?

I like the termis but struggling to find a set for my 1098 SF.

What about Austin Racing exhaust are they good for 1098?

Do they sound just as good if not better?

Anyone have a set of Austin racing exhaust for there streetfighter?

2. Akrapovic are the be all and end all :Finger:

Ducati-StreetfighterS1098.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm thinking about selling my Termi's and replacing them with Akra's.

4. I think the AR system looks ace.
    Kentish on here fitted one: http://ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/austin-racing-streetfighter-exhaust.25623/
    Don't know if he's still around for details. I was a bit concerned about the scrubbing on the tyre edge and wondered whether the exhaust was too close to the tyre but I've since seen other SF AR systems without those marks and the Akra on my 1290 SDR is even closer to the tyre than that with no problems at all.
    I'm not convinced about the performance benefits of Termis but its not easy to find dyno readings for other systems. The AR is the most convincing to my mind. They have a very good track record. That system will be LOUD though..:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Interested in selling me them

6. I have a decision to make Rylan.

I don't know if the Akra's come with an ECU. So do I sell my Termignoni exhausts and brackets alone and keep the ECU for use with the Akra's. Or sell the full Termi kit as I bought it c/w ECU?

A little more research needed.

7. The termi end cans advertised don't come with an ecu. Neither do the Akra's.

8. Don't need the ECU it's made for ORiginally fuelling.

I'd be happy to buy your termis without the ECU.

9. Why did my kit come with an ECU then?

I also got the air filter and lambda blanking plug.

10. Maybe people just get re maps now, I did wonder.

11. Get it custom mapped anyway whether they come with an ECU or not. My Termis had the Termi ECU fitted but the fuelling was miles out. It was very lean low down and very rich up top and the two cylinders weren't fuelling the same.

12. If you are considering selling your termis I would appreciate it if you got in contact with me as I would be happy to buy them.
    If you want to keep the ECU and air filter I am happy to just by the pipes and bracket as I will go for a custom remap and get a Pipercross air filter for mine.
    Cheers

13. OK Ryan,

Will do. I'll need to see how much I can get the Akra's for and see how much my exhausts are worth to see how much it's going to cost me.

Mine are as new by the way. They have been on the bike for 1,900 miles and are unmarked.

IMG_4216.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sweet let me know then I'm on the look out just now just mail me when your ready to do a deal

Do Not Sell My Personal Information