1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 slipper clutch

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by rdryder, Jul 30, 2013.

1. I have a chance of picking one up , fitted for £350.
    Just getting back into trackdays ,hope to keep it going:biggrin:
    What ya reckon, worth the investment?
    Any pros /cons for road and track?

Cheers
    P.

2. You won't notice it much if at all on the road other than a click though the clutch lever.

Trackdays definitely if you're on the quick side, stomp down the box and dump the clutch.

Other considerations are you will need to strip/clean and regrease the bearings every 1000 miles road/500 track, increased plate wear also.

3. A slipper is the 1st modification I make to any bike these days. Especially on a big twin.

Loads of pro's. One con would be increased friction plate wear, but I can live with that.

I'd say go for it.

4. Great investment. Taking it apart to grease isn't too tricky either :smile:

5. Lovin' mine... The "click" feels a bit allien first of all.
    Which one are you potentially getting?

6. Bit strange at first, lose a bit of the engine brake and get a little kick back through the lever now and then which I've got that used to I don't even notice it any more. Had to play about with stack heights and springs etc to get mine just the way I wanted it but it's spot on now. Not only a must for the track but I have mine kicking in plenty enough on the road to. At that price grab it!

7. Yes. I notice if loads on road and track as it makes it far more rideable imho in all circumstances

8. Thanks for the advice guys,
    Its the TSS slipper clutch...

Problem is, I am only starting off with trackdays so I would,nt be the quickest:redface:
    Not sure if I will see the benefit of it......

Was told that its a great mod if you are a full on racer but waste of money for novice track goers..
    Just blip the throttle and save your few quid...

P.

9. You will benefit. Simple. Blipping throttle is one less thing to think about.

I can only talk for me. I find it helps as much on a sunday road ride as it does when going down 4 gears to a tight hairpin.

10. Good safety device for you , You may panic on track , its easy to do , you may change down instead of up , it's surprising how you can forget what gear your in and which way to go when you aren't used to having no time to think. Also you can go into a corner from a straight and change down too much .
    If you always blip the throttle you'll still do it for ages , get one is my advise.
    Pete.

11. Pretty much everyone starts off as a novice... :upyeah:

Got a slipper fitted to mine before I started doing track-days this year. Not banging down the gears so hard yet but I know that once I do it's going to be there... Go for it - that's a baargain too!

12. Yep, you are right, on both counts..
    Hopefully have it fitted Saturday:smile:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information