1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098R- A good investment.

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by abmatt2002, Dec 19, 2012.

1. I just hope he passes - 2nd attempt then we need to do part 2 before the 19th Jan because of the STUPID feckers in Government

PS buy the bike - you know you'll regret it if you dont :upyeah:

#21 Char, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2012
  2. My part 1 was in weather like this. Because of the shit centre at Swindon and their cancellations I went there 4 times before I passed. Part 2 in this is a doddle. The only dodgy bit on the routes round here is the yellow boxes on the roundabout by waitrose. I got a fail there because I waited at the lights, but the examiner thought I could fit in. That lead to a big argument with him, me and my instructor. The retest with him was a bit difficult to say the least!

3. Lots around the Salisbury area here then, I have just moved away from Tidworth but will be moving back up soon enough.

4. This is how the 'investment' will look like: in 20 years it will be worth 20K. I think SP3 are now 65 % of what they cost back in 89. I found a mint and rare 94 20K 916 SP for 10K ( 18 years dep)

Telling oneself an nice 'investment' story is good for brainrelief. the best thing you can have on bikes is a ' not lost too much' ... and heaps of fun....

But let me tell you: it will make you feel very special for a very long time... even if no one knows you have it... and le'ts be honest : you have to be daft to spend 30K on a 1199R if you can have a 1098R for 14K ....

but hey, we're not here not to be daft! :)

grtz and succes with the purchase should you decide to!

Koen

5. +1

"if it's got tits or tyres, it'll cost ya!"

• Like Like x 4
  6. I'm havin that one Pete!

7. I bought a 1098R 18 months ago, beleive me if you ride one you will buy one they really are very special.
    Mines spent more time on trackays than any other bike Ive owned bikes are for riding not for investment [unless you are discussing it with your other haif]

8. trouble is the 1098R isnt a real world bike......

9. You're welcome to it. I think I nicked it from uk.rec.motorcycles many years ago (anybody remember the predecessor to forums?)

10. It's a very old saying (unfortunately I'm old enough to know)

11. that one upstairs is a lovely bike, but seems expensive, but i guess MR do sell good quality used bikes

12. Looking round at prices, with the extras it has on it the price seems ok. Going to dwell on it for a while. If its still there when I've made my mind up all well and good. If its gone..... Oh well, still got a lovely 848.

13. Yup - but it does have the full pipe and slipper :wink:

14. And DP quickshifter, QA throttle, superstock ecu, DP billet raceshift lever, Ktec fork internals.

on a side note I saw a set of 1098r wheels on eBay for £1250 ono. Wish they'd fit a 848 I'd snap them right up!

15. is it a VFR? :wink:

16. propper mans bike to - real babe magnet :cough:

I bet when you wake up tomorrow you'll have made a decision :rolleyes: give in to those inner demons

17. Multi...:eek:

18. you like a man on a 1098 then?

19. Only when he's behind me :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information