1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098R- A good investment.

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by abmatt2002, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Its still a good car thou, be thankful you didn't have to buy some POS. Anyway, an Audi's a Ducati at heart (technically), just get some new badges on the back that say 1098r.

2. Or RS6:wink:

3. Pictures please

4. I wish! 2l tdi s-line Le Mans. Hopefully get it between crimbo and new year!

#64 abmatt2002, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  5. A lot of car the A6 Le Mans, I looked at the 3.0 TDI last month, much as I tried to justify it I just could not bring myself to pay £460 P/A road tax. ended up with an A4 S Line Avant with the same 3.0 TDI lump in it but the road tax is half the A6 price!

6. Come on mate what's up have you not seen how many you can pack on a C90, if you can get a family of nine on a C90 plus one pig and two donkeys you must be able to get 16 on a 1098R and a small farm yard....lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Never be the same though will it . I just couldnt justify the 4.8 x5 so had to go with the 4.6 . :smile:

8. I was going to go for a 2.7. They seem to be cheaper, but what I would have saved in purchase price I would have spent in tax, fuel and insurance.

9. good car ... hope you got more luck with it than I did... on 200K miles it consumed 5 (!) turbos at 1K a piece...
    the electronics on the gearbox jammed it shut... 2K ...

this said , the mss likes it so much i'm looking for a replacement

grtz

Koen

10. Funny reading back - the sensible advice was from a Chick :Facepalm::Finger: wonder what the Audi is worth now compared with it's purchase price :Hilarious:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I wonder what the advice would be today on a 1098R for £12.5k? :)

I think the advice has to be, reading some of the threads on values over the past few weeks, just buy the exotic stuff and stop worrying about the value, it'll take care of itself in the long run. :D I've a couple of bikes in the garage that I don't even think about the value of. I sometimes raise a wry smile when I see a similar one advertised, but that's as far as it goes.

12. Interesting read. A few people will be eating their words. I think 1098R's are going to keep going one way and who would have though back in 2012 that people now would be trying to sell 998R's for £25k + even £32k (bit optimistic but you never know, there's always some daft sod out there with deep pockets). Funny how things go!.

13. This piece of advice is no longer relevant either. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. The worry is, look say at cars which are now becoming collectable, they are from 40 years ago, some 30 years. Do you want that money sitting around doing nothing for 30 years? For me unless it is uber uber rare or has very special race provenance, then ride the bugger as there is little money to be made.

15. Which is exactly what collectors do. Can't see the point personally. Buy it , ride/drive it. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Yep, use the things but look after them. Simples. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Very true. I've been scratting about trying to get a deal on some savings. There's feck all going on so I've decided to spend some of it and stick the rest in my pension pot :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information